Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I bought a 2018 Dodge Challenger from the USA with the uconnect 8.4 system
There were only 3 lang in the system: English French and Italian. For a very long time I searched the forums for how to make a German language and I got it with the help of Alphaobd. But now the sound in the radio does not work for me, nothing at all. There is sound from the phone and from the flash drive. It is the radio that does not work.
Can anyone come across such a problem?

·
Registered
343 Posts
First thing I would check is the volume switch on the back of the steering wheel. Press the upper portion to increase the volume. Try the simple things first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I would check is the volume switch on the back of the steering wheel. Press the upper portion to increase the volume. Try the simple things first.
I put the sound and 30, but the radio does not play. There is music through bluetooth, only AM FM there is no sound at all. I think the problem is in the amplifier.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Do you hear chimes? Seatbelt chime, etc? Did the radio sound disappear as soon as you made changes with AlfaOBD?

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
...I say this is the perfect opprotunity to locate a few local german ladies to sing to you as you drive!
Drink Musical instrument Beer Alcoholic beverage Travel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Do you hear chimes? Seatbelt chime, etc? Did the radio sound disappear as soon as you made changes with AlfaOBD?

A Guy
I hear absolutely everything except the radio. Music from USB flash drive, bluetooth from phone ..... only there is no sound in the radio. This happened after changing the settings in alphaobd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[QUOTE = "hemi4us, post: 8638246, member: 114898"]
... Я говорю, что это идеальная возможность найти несколько местных немецких дам, которые будут петь вам, пока вы едете!
View attachment 1009788
[/ QUOTE]
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

A Guy
As far as I remember, there was an error in the radio module, loss of communication with the amplifier. I think this is some kind of protection against coding. By the way, when I changed the region (this is how I did the German language), I still lost autorun, turned off in the configuration. I returned it, Maybe from the radio you also need to change the configuration somewhere

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
Maybe ChallyTatum has seen something like this with AlfaOBD?

A Guy

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does "hear nothing" mean cannot tune a station? Do you hear static?
I suspect the region change caused the radio (alone) to set different internal parameters - how AM FM work, center freq, distance between channels, etc - and fudged the radio alone for your local area.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does "hear nothing" mean cannot tune a station? Do you hear static?
I suspect the region change caused the radio (alone) to set different internal parameters - how AM FM work, center freq, distance between channels, etc - and fudged the radio alone for your local area.
Everything is much stranger. The radio can tune to any frequency (95.7, 95.8 full step) even shows the rds, the name of the song that is playing on the radio, the name of the station and you can even save the station. There is simply no sound even when the volume is set to 30. I can't even hear the static

·
Registered
56 Posts
I drive a 2018 Challenger SRT in Germany.
Before I could use the radio here, it had to be converted so it could receive the radio stations in Germany as the US radios can't tune to 0.1 MHz like they need to here in Germany.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drive a 2018 Challenger SRT in Germany.
Before I could use the radio here, it had to be converted so it could receive the radio stations in Germany as the US radios can't tune to 0.1 MHz like they need to here in Germany.
how did you do that?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Suit yourself.
I gave you the solution to your problem, if you don't want it, you're going to have to live without radio reception.
Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts