Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am so excited. I decided this deserves a new thread!! :D

As an employee at DaimlerChrysler's LX Platform Assembly Plant(300/Charger/Magnum), I can tell you that the BUZZ about building the Challenger is certainly existent.
Rumors have already been circulating that they've begun the preliminary process for tooling and are starting to crunch the numbers with regards to logisitics and plant flexibility.
The general concensus is that we'll probably begin producing them in the Summer of '06 for a Feb-Apr '07 release! Thats essentially 1 Calender year away from seeing these beauties at Your local Mopar Dealership.
I'll keep you all posted if the Rumors become Factual!
Posted at 4:09PM on Feb 8th 2006 by Moto 0 stars

Source: Autoblog

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Re: Get your new Challenger by Feb 07!!!!

I still don't like him using the word rumor.:(

·
Registered
158 Posts

Man that means time to look under those cushions for those extra pennies. I really hope that it falls true to those dates.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I wonder if they would really start selling them in the middle of winter? I'd imagine they would start maybe mid-late spring into summer... All I know is... winter + rwd + lots of hp = difficult drive home (especially for your first time in the car). I think I would cry if I saw a Challenger get wrecked just after taking its first few steps :(

·
Registered
492 Posts

Thanks for the 'plug' Doug...I also slightly edited your post. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Buckle up kids daddy's dropping the hammer.:D

I really hope they won't take the enthusiasm shown and make a big strategic mistake in a rush to get the car to market. The mistake I'm referring to of course is using a hacked version of the LX (or, much worse the original LX itself) as the platform basis of the car rather than the LY. The dimensions and weight of the original LX are just plain wrong for this kind of car. Do it right rather than right now (although both together is greatly preferred).

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

Leadphoenix said:
I wonder if they would really start selling them in the middle of winter? I'd imagine they would start maybe mid-late spring into summer... All I know is... winter + rwd + lots of hp = difficult drive home (especially for your first time in the car). I think I would cry if I saw a Challenger get wrecked just after taking its first few steps :(
i'll probably cry no matter when a Challenger gets wrecked. I do like cars more than most people though...just ask my ex-girlfriend.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
rumours in plants tend to be two different kinds.... the first being we were able to find out what was gonna happen even before some of the supervisors or lower lvl managers.... and the second usually the kind generated by employees to see how fast it would spread... And of course we know which of these we would prefer in this instant

·
Registered
598 Posts
sniper226 said:
I am so excited. I decided this deserves a new thread!! :D
As an employee at DaimlerChrysler's LX Platform Assembly Plant(300/Charger/Magnum), I can tell you that the BUZZ about building the Challenger is certainly existent.
Rumors have already been circulating that they've begun the preliminary process for tooling and are starting to crunch the numbers with regards to logisitics and plant flexibility.
The general concensus is that we'll probably begin producing them in the Summer of '06 for a Feb-Apr '07 release! Thats essentially 1 Calender year away from seeing these beauties at Your local Mopar Dealership.
I'll keep you all posted if the Rumors become Factual!

Posted at 4:09PM on Feb 8th 2006 by Moto 0 stars

Source: Autoblog
Talk to me Doug,....don't be holdin' out on us now;) :) ......Brother,...if that is true what you say,...then your Are the man!;) :D :cool: That means I smell a srt-8 version by fall of '07

·
Banned
95 Posts
If this is true, I am so freaking excited I I umm I think I just had an accident in my pants :(

I am awaiting an email from some of my wifes bros/uncles that work for DCX building the dakota trucks about any scutllebutt they have heard as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Remember guys unless I read it wrong Sniper226 was only relaying what was posted on Autoblog, he isn't the DCX employee who posted it. So it is still 3rd hand rumor from an unsubstantiated source. A small part of me wonders if it could be a chevy or ford fan yanking our chain but that would be cruel even by their standards :rolleyes: :p . Until we hear the same thing from multiple sources (even if not directly from DCX) best to cool our jets. But yeah its more likely authentic than not.

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
MentallyChallenged said:
My friend's cousin's neighbor's grandmother's priest's altar boy told me Ferris Bueller told him it was coming out Feb 06. They even wrote it on the town water tower here.
LOL.....I hear ya!:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why not on a LX platform... If the car is going into production soon the most cose effective way is to build it on the LX platform. With some minor tooling changes to the floor pan I can't see why the Challenger could not be a GO:)

There have been posts on other threads concerning the 4000LB weight. On the other LX forums people talk about the weight but, everyone seems happy with the performance. If the car is produced with the SRT8 suspension (lower) no one can complain about the handeling. Even with the base RT brakes and wheels the stopping capabilities are more than adiquate for the average buyer. With enough power no one will care about the weight :D

·
Registered
712 Posts
With all the rampant rumors flying around on all sides, I'm not going to lend any creedence to any "rumors" until they actually become fact.

Not that I'm not hoping this is true... ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Even though this is a rumor, it makes sense to me. That would mean exactly three years from design to production. I look for pilot cars being built late this summer and for production to start late this year or early next year as an '08 model.

Save your money guys....it's coming.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts