Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a great experience with my first Challenger, a loaded up 2017 GT AWD in White Knuckle...my favorite thing about the car was the HK Stereo and the fact I loved to drive it in the snow. I sold it because my lifestyle demands a pick up as I could not garage both vehicles AND my wife's AND my daughter's. So, I sold off my GT and jumped into a Chevy Duramax. 118,000 miles later, a new house with a bigger garage and I've committed to doing the Shaker. The Shaker WB kept me from leveling up to a Hellcat. I know, I know...a lot of haters out there on the WB, but it's my dough. So...I'm getting back into the Challenger groove, Shaker Style, HK, and all the goodies. I'm going with the 8 speed auto vs the 6 sp manual cause I'm lazy and like to drink coffee. I'm pretty excited to be the fastest lazy person I know.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Photograph

Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
Welcome back from Kentucky! Did you order it or shopping? Nothing wrong with a wide body. It will be a blast 馃憤

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
WB, you could have just told us you wanted a Scat Pack instead of the GT :p

A Guy

Reactions: Sam I am

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm working the order right now...it's a unique deal in that I run our fleet at work so the order is working through them. I'm a little worried about that as fleet's seem to be last in line for production allocation/priority and there's a chance that Dodge could just cancel the order. We'll see. We switched from Ram to GM a while back but now back in Ram/Dodge as GM cancelled almost all our orders this past year. I probably buy close to a million dollars a year in vehicles (20 per year @ $50Kish per vehicle) and they cut me back to 4 2500's 6 1500's. Frustrating times for sure.

Premium Member
2021 M6 Shaker RT
Hell yeah. Shake that wide body, brother!

Reactions: Sam I am

Registered
nice car you will love it i know i love mine in go mango, send it off for some PPF right away you can then drive without worry, make sure to do the rear flares too

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go Mango was the other color I was considering although Smoke Show is kinda cool too...and Red is never a bad choice...and I do like that Purple Raisen...hmmmmmm.

Registered
Go Mango was the other color I was considering although Smoke Show is kinda cool too...and Red is never a bad choice...and I do like that Purple Raisen...hmmmmmm.
Join the battle against blandness, buy a colour other than white/silver/grey/black. Go Go Mango or Purple or Red.
I had a B5 blue and it was brilliant in sunny or cloudy days. Many stares of wonderment from sheeple in boring grey econoboxes. That part may be a bad thing as society is so used to cars in the standard 4 colours you stick out.

Registered
Join the battle against blandness, buy a colour other than white/silver/grey/black. Go Go Mango or Purple or Red.
I had a B5 blue and it was brilliant in sunny or cloudy days. Many stares of wonderment from sheeple in boring grey econoboxes. That part may be a bad thing as society is so used to cars in the standard 4 colours you stick out.
octane red and indigo blue were also at the top of my list, here is mine after a few easy mods
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Premium Member
I'm working the order right now...it's a unique deal in that I run our fleet at work so the order is working through them. I'm a little worried about that as fleet's seem to be last in line for production allocation/priority and there's a chance that Dodge could just cancel the order. We'll see. We switched from Ram to GM a while back but now back in Ram/Dodge as GM cancelled almost all our orders this past year. I probably buy close to a million dollars a year in vehicles (20 per year @ $50Kish per vehicle) and they cut me back to 4 2500's 6 1500's. Frustrating times for sure.
if you truly want the car go order it apart from the company to assure you receive it. Just show them how much your company supports the brand.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you truly want the car go order it apart from the company to assure you receive it. Just show them how much your company supports the brand.
That is probably good advice. I'm worried about the order being filled if I place through the company. We've got 15 Rams on order, but haven't received those yet, nor have we even received build dates. Part of my reasoning for doing it through the company is I can run it as my company car and they'll eat the majority of the expense until I decide the strike price out of the lease is something I can just stroke a check for vs financing. It works great on paper, but Dodge actually has to produce and get me the vehicle for it to work <Fingers Crossed>. As a backup plan I've been looking online (Cars.com and Autotrader) for Shaker Scat Packs and there some out there. Prices look okay and some dealerships are advertising price drops. There are a few cars out there with slightly less than 1,000 miles on them being advertised as new. But with 500-1000 miles on them I don't understand how they can be considered new anymore.

Anyway...the Shaker Wide Body is available out there, but not nearly as prevalent as the non-WB. So...we'll see what Dodge wants to do.

Premium Member
Took your advice and working with Koon's. Pretty solid folks and good pricing.
That鈥檚 great, we all look forward to pictures of it soon. Best wishes that it arrives quickly.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pulled the trigger this morning w/ Koon's. $1,000 down on a 2022 White Knuckle Widebody Shaker w/ Nav, HK, Sun Roof, Ruby Red, Carbon & Suede, Spoiler, A8, Tech Group, & Driver Convenience. Skipped the hood pins. Decided I didn't like them. Right off the bat the future mods will be Paint Correction, Ceramic Coating, PPF, Tinted Windows and a tattoo on my a$$ that says 1 Bad MF'er. Just kidding on the tattoo.

Premium Member
Don't forget the ZL1 Addons Rock Guards and Side Extenders, protect those precious flares. I also put PPF on the front of all 4 flares.

You are going to love the handling of these big girls. Tons of fun!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Stitches1974
1 - 15 of 15 Posts