Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty excited! I'm gonna make an effort to do some recording of how it sounds inside and outside before and after the install. Gonna do the resonator delete as well.... stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm pretty excited! I'm gonna make an effort to do some recording of how it sounds inside and outside before and after the install. Gonna do the resonator delete as well.... stay tuned!

I had super 44s on my RT. I found them too quiet.

https://youtu.be/TU1o_RKXOaM

If you already got them, cool! Hope you enjoy them!

When I did my TA 392, I wanted something a bit louder but still with good deep bass, rumble and pop.

https://youtu.be/-9AUlY87TWs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have them in now. They sound really good, not as loud as I thought they would tho. There is "drone" but nothing like I've seen people complain about. It's between the 3-4k rpm range. I love it tho. It's not gonna wake any neighbors up but you definitely notice it doesn't sound like a regular v6 challenger

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well I have them in now. They sound really good, not as loud as I thought they would tho. There is "drone" but nothing like I've seen people complain about. It's between the 3-4k rpm range. I love it tho. It's not gonna wake any neighbors up but you definitely notice it doesn't sound like a regular v6 challenger

Cool! Then next step is to enjoy the hell out of your car! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you put flow master 44 on you mite get a drone noise at a certain speed just heads up

Yeah but it's not bad at all. I can hear more of the outside than the drone. And I've cruised on the hwy between 50-80.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://youtu.be/QKflgkxZ1aI[URL] Here is a video of the interior drone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
https://youtu.be/QKflgkxZ1aI[URL] Here is a video of the interior drone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote] I wonder if you left the resonators on, if you wouldn't have any drone? The exhaust note does sound good. :wink3:

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,168 Posts
I didn't hear any "drone", or otherwise persistent, annoying noise in the background.

I did hear the car's exhaust while you were accelerating, which isn't drone in my book. In fact, if I cannot hear the car's exhaust (or somehow be able to tell via sound alone what gear the car is in), I can't stand to drive the car very long.

When I think of 'drone', I'm picturing a highway cruise with the cruise control on, and about 2K-2.5K RPMs steady and unchanging, and all other sights/sounds are just right EXCEPT for this annoying little buzzing tone that is ever-present and difficult to drown out without turning the stereo up full blast...the kind of sound that is so annoying, and so difficult to drown out, that it could possibly even be used for psychological torture in a sleep deprivation scenario.

That's what "drone" is to me. I heard nothing approaching that in the linked video. Everything sounded great, and no attenuation necessary from what I can tell.

I get the feeling that some people nowadays are confusing the concept of a clearly audible exhaust note with "drone", and classifying the former as the latter when they do an aftermarket exhaust upgrade simply because they can now "hear" their exhaust. That's not drone...if you really want to hear drone, get yourself a mid-2000's Volkswagon Jetta with the turbo diesel engine, and then have the type of exhaust put on it that your average dime-store cowboy has put on his 1 ton dually pickup with the truck-nuts and Rollin' Coal tune. Then take that Jetta for a 3 hour road-trip and you'll get yourself a good dose of "drone" for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I have the Super 44's on my SXT Plus.

There's some drone shifting through the gears but none when cruising on the freeway between 65 and 80mph.

Mine are louder than that video though but not real loud, I like the sound and I didn't want too loud.
Sounds nice at idle and getting on it.
Rear reso delete also....if you don't it will be too quiet.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
https://youtu.be/B0t-mJxMQzA here's one more of some revs....

My 44's sound slightly louder and not as "muffled" as that clip but it may be the clip, real world sound is probably a bit different I'm sure.

Also......I wonder where he mounted the Super 44's??
If you mount them where the resos were the sound is different than if you mounted them mid pipe like I did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 44's sound slightly louder and not as "muffled" as that clip but it may be the clip, real world sound is probably a bit different I'm sure.

Also......I wonder where he mounted the Super 44's??
If you mount them where the resos were the sound is different than if you mounted them mid pipe like I did.

The were mounted mid pipe.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts