Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that on the 08 Challengers, you can't in the back from the drivers side. How about the other years of the new Challengers?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Same story for the '09s and '10s. For the 2011s there's a new release integrated behind where your shoulder would be on the seat. And it's on both the driver's and passenger's side.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
well you actually can, you just have to use the power seat control to move everything forward. just takes time to do it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
One of the few disappointments on my 2010. Not a big deal for us, because we're empty nesters, but it is an indication of ridiculous cost cutting on the part of Chrysler in the first few years that has been corrected in 2011. (Like the hood struts instead of an econobox hood prop rod)

·
Super Moderator
15,572 Posts
One of the few disappointments on my 2010. Not a big deal for us, because we're empty nesters, but it is an indication of ridiculous cost cutting on the part of Chrysler in the first few years that has been corrected in 2011. (Like the hood struts instead of an econobox hood prop rod)
I agree on the cost - cutting measures.

However, other than the Sebring convertible, this is the only two-door body style (with a back seat) in Chrysler's line-up that is currently in production.

They adapted the 4-door sedan seat design by putting the passenger side quick release lever on the Challenger seat - since this wasn't going to be the volume seller like the sedans, it was a stop-gap measure that product planners probably thought might not matter much to the buyer demographic.

But based on feedback from customers, Chrysler apparently did respond to the shortcoming of the '08-'10 design and re-worked the seat(s) for both sides to address this.

Keep in mind that Cerberus spent very little in vehicle development (the '09 Ram was the only new model during their tenure) and what models did come out were pretty much fully developed and released for sale.

Then, the 2009 bankruptcy - so there were a lot of factors going on there within the company. At least they're focused on product development again.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I know that on the 08 Challengers, you can't in the back from the drivers side. How about the other years of the new Challengers?

Going parking? :browsmiley:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll tell ya right ow. don't let Big folks in the back period! My wife and I took her parents out and when it came time to get out of the car, my mother-in-law couldn't get out! She slid forward and off the back seat. Got her ars wedged between the front and rear seats on the floor. Passerby's were just-a staring as me, wife and her father (him pushing from the inside) were trying to pull, lift, grab-a-leg, whatever we could to get her out! Took near 25 minutes. Needless to say, she rode in the front on the way home.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
^^^
:lol:

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I'll tell ya right ow. don't let Big folks in the back period! My wife and I took her parents out and when it came time to get out of the car, my mother-in-law couldn't get out! She slid forward and off the back seat. Got her ars wedged between the front and rear seats on the floor. Passerby's were just-a staring as me, wife and her father (him pushing from the inside) were trying to pull, lift, grab-a-leg, whatever we could to get her out! Took near 25 minutes. Needless to say, she rode in the front on the way home.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Banned
197 Posts
One of the first things I did with the car I test drove was check out the backseat access. No excuses for someone who didn't check it out before buying. That said, if more than one person wants to ride with me, I let them figure out who has to sit in the back. It sure isn't going to be me. If they don't like it, they can stay home. :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
HEE-LARIOUS! (As long as she wasnt' hurt)

Big people can be a challenge no matter what. My wife's sister's boyfriend is a really big guy. Took him to play golf last year, and he could barely get in the FRONT seat of my Altima! I wasn't sure what to do, but he finally got himself wedged in. All I can say is "Just push away from the table, folks".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts