Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my dodge dealer yesterday to configure my 2018 scat pack shaker; My options list
24y package scat pack shaker.
8 speed auto
Indigo Blue
red brake calipers
stripe delete
Premium sound 18 speaker
leather interior group
20X9.0 forged alum.wheels
driver conv.group
technology group.
Am I lacking must have options?
$48,993 suppiler discount price not included the 6% tax

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree, seriously look at the dynamics package. Many 6.4 scat Pack owners complain about the smallish 245 standard tires being no match for the power of the engine. The larger tire size suites the powertrain so much better. It's an absolute bargain getting from the factory vs trying to add the parts later.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
But the 6 piston rotors are $700+ to replace - I'd say stick to the regular 4 piston setup and buy your own tires/wheels.

That's just me.
I agree. NO need for the 6 piston unless you are tracking it. I put 275s on the rear and didn't really notice more traction. Still none. Have to get into a summer tire for that. Just looks! IMHO
BTW: Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered my SPS spec'd out close to that, minus the red calipers, but added Dynamics and Nav. Rims and tires are worth the Dynamics package and I don't think I'll be going through rotors fast enough for the insane price to bother me. To me a 50k car should have built in Nav, just my 2 cents. And F8 Green >:) Though I did consider the Indigo blue and the Octane red...

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
The larger 6 piston brakes would be cool, but not needed for street use. The standard 4 piston Brembos will give you a nose bleed when hit hard.

The Dynamics package is a "good deal" for the initial price, if you like the looks of the wheels. The 1/2" wider rim won't really be a huge difference on the street either. Some like the looks of the WRT wheel more than the wider one, but that's a personal choice.

Best of luck with your choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Order the Sunroof! Don't worry about the tires, your going to burn the 245s off in your first 6 months anyway. Then you'll be buying tires and realized you really want 10 in wide rims so you can put some serious meat on the ground, meaning your buying new rims too... Buy the stock tires, save yourself from yourself..

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
If you want Nav, order - don't know if its possible to add Nav afterward as the '15 / '16s could be accomplished by buying the software key [no change-out of hardware]

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have read and/or watched about every SRT and Scat Pack review available and not once, in all those reviews, did anyone ever suggest that the 6 piston Brembos stopped faster or were more fade resistant than the 4 piston version.

I personally do not believe that the Dynamics Package is a good value, but everyone has an opinion.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Depending on your wheel of choice the 6 piston brakes can make a huge difference to the aesthetics of your car, your priorities will dictate if this means anything to you, I have no experience with the 4 piston brakes (other than thinking they look yuk) but the 6 pistons on my car (with Z23 pads) stop better than anything I have known. That is all.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies.With regards to the dynamics package my wife and I are in our 60,s so we would not be doing any back road racing or going to the track:grin2:Car will be more of a weekend/nice weather driving car.Princess states she does like a sun roof so thats a no go.:drink4:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on your upcoming new ride! I bought my 2017 Scat Pack Shaker back in Feb and absolutely love it. It looks like you have everything covered plus what others have suggested on this site. The one thing I will add and it may be included in the package you are getting, but depending on where you live you may want to consider the cooled front seats. I live in Memphis where it can get above 100 most summer days and those cooled seats really make a difference.

My car didn't have the upgraded sound system and am now looking for options, so good choice on that as well.

Be sure to share some pics once you get her!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
The larger 6 piston brakes would be cool, but not needed for street use. The standard 4 piston Brembos will give you a nose bleed when hit hard.

The Dynamics package is a "good deal" for the initial price, if you like the looks of the wheels. The 1/2" wider rim won't really be a huge difference on the street either. Some like the looks of the WRT wheel more than the wider one, but that's a personal choice.

Best of luck with your choice.
During the first paragraph I looked to see if I wrote it! I agree 100%

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Yeah I hate sun roofs, would you like to see a picture of my one? It was too good of a deal to turn down so I ended up with one, I can see the advantages and due to the color of my car it is not really noticeable... well that's how I justify it! I bought off the lot, if ordering new the world is your oyster, your perception of time is now no longer in your hands.

I tried the cooled front seats for the first time yesterday and they worked great for a while.. every time after that I could not tell if they were on or not, they may well have been and I was used to it or...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yeah I hate sun roofs, would you like to see a picture of my one? It was too good of a deal to turn down so I ended up with one, I can see the advantages and due to the color of my car it is not really noticeable... well that's how I justify it! I bought off the lot, if ordering new the world is your oyster, your perception of time is now no longer in your hands.

I tried the cooled front seats for the first time yesterday and they worked great for a while.. every time after that I could not tell if they were on or not, they may well have been and I was used to it or...
I notice mine more when the A/C is on. I believe it pulls the surrounding air feeds back through the seat. Notice it more when hot.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My 2015 SP was bought in late 2014 when none of these snazzy new packages were available. Since that time, I've driven a few cars with cosmetic upgrades such as the shaker and others with the 6 piston brakes.

I can tell you that on the street, I cannot tell any difference between the 4 and 6 piston setup. Both stop the car on a dime. After ripping around a track with my car and then doing the same with a 6 piston brake car, it was evident why people want these upgraded brake units.

Since you're an old fart, the standard brakes will be perfect for your weekend cruising needs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts