Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum. Just decided to order a 2011 green with envy. I left a check with a dealer in south florida and told him I would let him know today. He quoted me $500 over invoice plus a $699 dealer fee. Is this on par? Thought I read about people getting $500 under invoice----anyone know the scoop before I take the plunge?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
probably a "fair" price for a GWE SRT8, but I never did like those ridiculousy-high "doc fees":disgust:

·
Banned
407 Posts
Hey forum. Just decided to order a 2011 green with envy. I left a check with a dealer in south florida and told him I would let him know today. He quoted me $500 over invoice plus a $699 dealer fee. Is this on par? Thought I read about people getting $500 under invoice----anyone know the scoop before I take the plunge?
I've seen a few people claim 500 under invoice. I'd say its one of two things, either they did infact negotiate the dealer down, or its the Family & Friends Program. Reason I say that is I'm getting (nearly) 500 under invoice because the program is Invoice - 1% (about $430-460 depending how I'm optioning it). I get the discount because the company I work for has a business relationship with Chrysler.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
$699 does seem to be high for the dealer fee.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i agree---I am looking at it like $1199 over invoice--i think I could get invoice or just over out of state, but then it would cost me $500-$1000 to get it here
Yep - it really is $1199 over invoice - not a very good deal.:disgust:

I was able to negotiate a $500 under invoice price with a $199 dealer fee - so effectively $301 under invoice. :bigthumb:

Once I signed the order - 2 hours later I had another dealer's GM email me and offer me $1000 under invoice! But it was too late as I was now committed to the other deal. Besides the deal I took was with my local dealer and he has been servicing my cars for several years. The other dealer was a couple hours away. Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more to stay local and maintain the relationship for the long term.

JFF:D

·
Banned
557 Posts
I simply try to ignore the dealers fees. When I car shop, I commit to spend $X on the car. And $X is what I plan to spend, not $X + a dealer fee. I could careless if they had a $34k dealer fee and sold the car to me for $500, as long as the total price I wanted to pay was $34,500 (and that was a good market price, duh). I have walked out several deals because dealers try to "sneak" those in.

And to answer your question, $699 is the highest dealer fee I've heard. Around here, they range from $89 to $299, with most being in the $150-200 range.

Me personally I'd call him back and tell him no dice on the $699 fee. He either waives it, or reduces the car price so you receive a $699 discount over what you discussed.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I paid $299 for what they call processing fee. I also know some charge $399 for it. BUT $699!!! is way to high man WAY TOO HIGH.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok, so I just did the math, with a dealer fee of $599.95, I ended up paying $913.00 below invoice. I knew I was getting a good deal, because no other dealers wanted to match the price. Now I just have to figure out if theyre actually going to build my car. How long should it take before these a holes can tell me if the order went though? Anybody know?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can one of the admins please change the title of this thread to "How cheap did you get your car for?". Not like there's a shortage of those threads already.......there's no GWE specific content here.................:sleep:

·
Banned
407 Posts
Can you tell me where to lookup whether my company also qualifies for the Friends & Family" discount? We're a supplier to Chrysler and since we qualified with Ford, it's worth checking. thanks.
we have a page on our benefits information page that details our employee discounts. if you don't have a similar page, use www.chrysleraffiliates.com

you may need your company code

·
Registered
47 Posts
we have a page on our benefits information page that details our employee discounts. if you don't have a similar page, use www.chrysleraffiliates.com

you may need your company code
Thanks again bhayes. I got my company code and my unique control number today. Now to start shopping. I almost forgot to even look into this benefit because my reading from last year made me think Chrysler had discontinued it. thanks for the reminder...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts