Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have decided to do the rear seat delete on my 2019 R/T Scat WB.

Speed logic has both the Mopar version ($390) or thier own version ($249).

Looking for reviews on either or both.

The Mopar one looks better in the pics but almost $200 more.

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
mopar one all the way. super light wieght, easy install. its oem. pay once cry once.

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd go OEM. I think a rear seat delete would be way cool. Plus a padded rollbar to give it that old-timey sports car feel.

·
Vendor
12,442 Posts
very expensive to ship the Mopar unit
and currently on back order

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

Got the Mopar version from SpeedLogics, they have some in stock.

On sale price paid for shipping.

Just finished the install, fits perfect.

Im 6'3" so it was a challenge to contourt myself in the back of the car but I got it done.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Could you post a pic sometime? How much weight does this remove from the car? Pretty cool mod!

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Stock rear seat and belts and everything think is about 55 lbs, don't know what the Mopar kit weighs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear seat kit weighs right at 11 lbs.

Its a little over 40 lbs savings.

Also took out the rear seat floor mats no longer needed at 1.5 lbs each.

Varooom

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have been really considering going with the rear seat delete on my next Challenger. For those who have done it, is the material the Mopar one is made of dense enough to mount a subwoofer to alone without some additional backing? Just curious as I have never seen any photos of the Mopar delete kit with speakers attached.

For the price, cutting holes may be a bridge too far for many but was still wondering if there would need to be a further modification to the back panel to support a sub and/or a pair of rear boxed component speakers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hello all,

I have decided to do the rear seat delete on my 2019 R/T Scat WB.

Speed logic has both the Mopar version ($390) or thier own version ($249).

Looking for reviews on either or both.

The Mopar one looks better in the pics but almost $200 more.

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom
Sweet Ride!! I went with the Mopar one and it looks factory.....because it is! I asked my Dealer to order it......they did and I paid ZERO for shipping! I called all the "online" places and everyone wanted to rape me on shipping. The Dealer can eat it easily if they so desire. Give ur local Dealer a call and ask them to hook u up:) It was on backorder as well but i had it in 3 weeks.....Gene.

Reactions: Unicorn

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rubiconalpha,

The back piece itself would not hold a speaker.

You would have to build a frame for the speaker but it definitely could be done.

Varooom

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have been really considering going with the rear seat delete on my next Challenger. For those who have done it, is the material the Mopar one is made of dense enough to mount a subwoofer to alone without some additional backing? Just curious as I have never seen any photos of the Mopar delete kit with speakers attached.

For the price, cutting holes may be a bridge too far for many but was still wondering if there would need to be a further modification to the back panel to support a sub and/or a pair of rear boxed component speakers.
The whole back piece is "light as a feather". My Hat weighs more! It is very thin and fragile material. Of course....thats the whole point is weight savings. There is NO WAY for it to support any weight like a speaker. If that is what you would like to do...the Speedlogix version might be for you. Theirs is made of plywood. It will degrade the Factory look....but that might be your answer if you want to build a speaker wall.

Reactions: RubiconAlpha

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Thanks guys for the answers on the Mopar Rear Seat Delete.

It looked as if it was some thin molded board but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So you lose the option to expand the cargo area by folding down the back seat. Is that correct? That new panel looks fixed in position.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks like someone can sit back there but how it's described they would damage it which kind of sucks.

Still waiting on the... was it tires you where getting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks like someone can sit back there but how it's described they would damage it which kind of sucks.

Still waiting on the... was it tires you where getting?

There is NO folding it down.......there is NO sitting on it! It is strictly for light cargo only. I am thinking it might handle 50 lbs on the rear "seat" area if it is spread out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
There is NO folding it down.......there is NO sitting on it! It is strictly for light cargo only. I am thinking it might handle 50 lbs on the rear "seat" area if it is spread out.
From the pictures looks like it's more sturdy but why would you fold it down lol

Imo I would just remove it all for wights loss if that was the case but it looks better but if it's about lbs why use that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts