Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 6'-5" so nobody is going to sit behind me and I rarely have back seat passengers. That said I thought the rear seat delete might be a good option for my 75# greyhound. Downside is the load capacity and the material appears to be similar to trunk liner material which doesn't play nice with dog hair. Too bad, I really like the look.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So you lose the option to expand the cargo area by folding down the back seat. Is that correct? That new panel looks fixed in position.
I cant' fold the stock rear seat anyway because of the non removable headrests hit the front seats. Has anyone looked into removing them and restiching the factory material ? I don't think there are any sensors in them for safety. I would love to remove them to make the seat foldable and increase rear visibility. no one has ever been in the back of my 2015 but there have been a few times I wanted to fold it down.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
661 Posts
I cant' fold the stock rear seat anyway because of the non removable headrests hit the front seats. Has anyone looked into removing them and restiching the factory material ? I don't think there are any sensors in them for safety. I would love to remove them to make the seat foldable and increase rear visibility. no one has ever been in the back of my 2015 but there have been a few times I wanted to fold it down.

I AGREE !!! THE most STUPID thing I ever saw, folded the seats down and found it imposable to drive the car !! (6 speed car)

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
661 Posts
There is NO folding it down.......there is NO sitting on it! It is strictly for light cargo only. I am thinking it might handle 50 lbs on the rear "seat" area if it is spread out.

SO you are saying no SEX in the back now, not sure me likes this mod !!!! ROFL >:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks guys,

Got the Mopar version from SpeedLogics, they have some in stock.

On sale price paid for shipping.

Just finished the install, fits perfect.

Im 6'3" so it was a challenge to contourt myself in the back of the car but I got it done.
Will this fit a RT as well, ive read on a site its only for Sxt and Srt, can you confirm if this will fit my RT

21 - 26 of 26 Posts