Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to get rid of the yellow inner headlights...Am wanting a more of a White light like was on my Mini Cooper S...Whats everyone using?

Thanks Jeffrey

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts
I have chrome tipped signal bulbs installed to rid the car of the egg yolks. I will have to look later for where I got them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts
I got the chrome dome bulbs as well - it gets rid of the amber color when lights are off, but its amber color for running lights and turn signals.

autolumination (online outfit) sells these bulbs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went with silverstars they still look a little yellow when not blinking but bright white when I turn on the turn signal. soorry can't remember what number thinking a 3157 though...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Switchback LED turn signal lights... bought from Diode Dynamics (vendor here). They are white, but flash amber when making a turn...

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-size/3156/3157-60-1210-smd-dual-pair

You will also need a resistor kit:
LED Resistor Kit - Resistors - LED Accessories - Accessories

Hope this helps... I just did this to my Classic... They are white while I drive and amber when I turn. I now have to up the temperature range on my HID lowbeam bulbs to match the LED's, so I'm going with a 6000k bulb to match them...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered my switchback bulbs today from diode dynamics. 3157 switchbacks and the resistor kit. Hopefully it works. Looks cool on youtube. Its white light for running lights but blinks yellow when you turn on your turn signals.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
The turn signals? I have seen people tint them darker but that's about it.

Edit: search for "turn signal delete" on this site. I found someone had replaced the bulbs with amber bulbs so the amber lens could be removed.

Amber lens? :confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I tried the switchback bulbs from diode dynamics today. They only lit up yellow. The white never came on. Tried both bulbs in auto, on and turn signal. Between the switchbacks not working and the 8000k bulbs being not enough light to see, I guess I'm pretty disappointed. They told me at diode dynamics that some switchback bulbs work on challengers and some challengers they don't. Guess mine doesn't.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Did u buy resistors as well or just the bulbs? If u bought just the Bulbs that may be your issue... Also if I recall in the other thread diode dynamics recommended 6000k bulbs, so if u got 8k, that's was you're choice to go against the recommendation.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes. I should have went with the suggested 6000k. I might just swap them out.
I did get the resistors. But if I understand correct the resistor is just to prevent hyperflash. I don't think that's going to have anything to do with the white LEDs not coming on.

Btw, I see your running diablo 91. I am too, I had some ST knock with 93 even with a catch can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have tried several types and with our cars and the daytime running lights only the VLED triton V3 works. The problem is with our can bus. The normal switchback will work with a resistor but when you go into drive and you are set to auto for the lights. the lights will not turn on to whit but will remain orange.

I went with the 5k and they match my HID lights for colour spectrum.

Good luck.

Todd

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just did the silver tipped bulbs, Can't remember where I got them from at the moment (Edit: Autolumination....dot.....com), but when on, the amber light shows through.

From This:

To this:

I imagine you could just use regular silver spray paint on the amber bulb to achieve the same look (The bulbs I got just looked sprayed)

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Btw, I see your running diablo 91. I am too, I had some ST knock with 93 even with a catch can.
Bad or cheap gas will cause that regardless of its octane rating. Try Shell or Chevron, I get KR with cheap gas (Arco, etc) that I don't get with top tier gas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2016 R/T Plus
85 Posts
I have tried several types and with our cars and the daytime running lights only the VLED triton V3 works. The problem is with our can bus. The normal switchback will work with a resistor but when you go into drive and you are set to auto for the lights. the lights will not turn on to whit but will remain orange.

I went with the 5k and they match my HID lights for colour spectrum.

Good luck.

Todd
What is the part number? What site did you buy them from and do these require a resistor?
Thanks
Tony

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
504 Posts
Tdidi I bought them at vled.com, triton V3 5k, resister and control module included.

Good luck and pm me if you need more info.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
you will love it .... and wonder why you waited so long
2 both.jpeg

·
Registered
515 Posts
This thread reminds me of the dude that picked a fight on the bus in SF and got his butt handed to him and the whole thing about Amber Lamps.

·
Registered
504 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts