Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering do all 18 Scat Pack Shakers come with the Bee on Start Up. Or does it require any particular package.

Don't want to drive a couple of hours to the dealer and walk away because of no bee.

·
Registered
281 Posts
On my 16 Shaker Scat Pack you get the Shaker logo on startup, no bee.

If I want cartoons I'll put on the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner show :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Couldn't you just get a Tazer and choose which logo shows up on startup? I thought I read that was an option on that thing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reactions: mvale

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
We want what we want. The Bee comes with the Scat Pack appearance group. I don't know about Shakers. I would guess you get the Bee with the Appearance pkg.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
We want what we want. The Bee comes with the Scat Pack appearance group. I don't know about Shakers. I would guess you get the Bee with the Appearance pkg.

troof....that is how you get the Bee on the shaker 392 cars...:5:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes. You have to get the Scat Pack Appearance Group to get the bee on startup.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Couldn't you just get a Tazer and choose which logo shows up on startup? I thought I read that was an option on that thing.
Yes. The procedure is outlined in the following video:

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
That's a darn expensive cartoon. I passed on that package when I ordered mine.

My chuckle on start up is the exhaust tone. Just me.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
330 Posts
My eyes are always drawn to the Instrument cluster when I start it to watch the bee take off. Too cool!
The exhaust note makes me smile also.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yes,the appearance group pkg. I have a 2016 scat pack shaker w/ it. And i just got a tazer also, so I get em all now :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an '18 Scat Pack Shaker. It displays "Shaker" on start up. I too was a little disappointed by this, as I want the Bee on start up. Granted, the power eases the pain:grin2:, but I still want that damn bee!! I may have to look more into this Tazer.....:naughty:

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
756 Posts
Yes,the appearance group pkg. I have a 2016 scat pack shaker w/ it. And i just got a tazer also, so I get em all now :)
As several folks have mentioned, The animated bee is an option included with the Scat Pack Appearance group. When Tazer is installed and SRT is turned on, the computer thinks the car is an SRT and not a Scat Pack. As a result the Bee Animation is no longer a choice. :crying:

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What have we become when the cartoon on the display when the car starts is actually an option. Frankly, I'd willingly trade my UConnect 8.4 for and in-dash 8-track player. I'd rather look at the label on a "Double-Live Gonzo" tape when I start my car, than a cartoon.

Let's hear it from all the old-timers who actually had an 8-track player in their car! From a time when cars were for driving, and picking up chicks, not for twiddling with computer settings or talking to the internet.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
What have we become when the cartoon on the display when the car starts is actually an option. Frankly, I'd willingly trade my UConnect 8.4 for and in-dash 8-track player. I'd rather look at the label on a "Double-Live Gonzo" tape when I start my car, than a cartoon.

Let's hear it from all the old-timers who actually had an 8-track player in their car! From a time when cars were for driving, and picking up chicks, not for twiddling with computer settings or talking to the internet.
Don't you have some kids to chase off your lawn?

:)p)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Don't you have some kids to chase off your lawn?

:)p)
Good idea. Maybe I'll dress up like that intimidating looking bumble bee that everyone loves, and make HEMI sounds. That'll do it.

Cartoon bumble bees.........pishaw!........

Now if my UConnect screen would show me the drivers view of Richard Petty tooling around Daytona, in a Superbird, I might actually use it. Actually, I couldn't tell you what mine displays when I start my car. I use what I see in the instrument cluster when I drive. I do use the one in my RAM, because that's where the back-up camera shows it's picture.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I miss listening to one track, while you would hear another track playing in the back ground. Hi-fidelity it was not, but that was only the case on a few of my tapes. Heck, you were driving in a noisy car anyway. I guess it was 1978 that I upgraded to a cassette player. That player wouldn't even switch sides of the tape. When one side was done, you had to pop the tape out and turn it over yourself. Ahhh, the good ole days!

·
Registered
117 Posts

Ahh, the good ole days, I had an 8-track in my first car, a '71 Charger, had to put a paper match stick case(?) wedged between the player and the tape to get it to play. I now have an 8-track player mounted in my garage cabinet to listen to my 8-tracks.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I miss listening to one track, while you would hear another track playing in the back ground. Hi-fidelity it was not, but that was only the case on a few of my tapes. Heck, you were driving in a noisy car anyway. I guess it was 1978 that I upgraded to a cassette player. That player wouldn't even switch sides of the tape. When one side was done, you had to pop the tape out and turn it over yourself. Ahhh, the good ole days!
Ah yes, that decision we all had to make to "upgrade" our collection and equipment from 8-track to Cassette tapes. The majority of my music collection was on cassettes, even when I started buying CDs in 1986, because my cars still only had cassette. Didn't switch to all CDs until I got my 96 Astro, which had a CD player. Kept a 20 CD carrying case in my vehicles up until I got the 13 Challenger. Ripped all my CDs to MP3s and now have my entire collection on the Challenger HD and on an SD card in the RAM Rebel.

We've come a long way from hissing 8-tracks with ghost tracks and decks that eat up the tape.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts