Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Scat Pack and I was wanting to get the rear about an inch lower can I do this by changing the shocks?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Best option is different springs or coil overs. I put Mopar lowering springs on mine. Here's my measurements pre and post:
Front 29 3/8 both sides pre
Front 28 3/4 both sides post
Rear 30 1/8 both sides pre
Rear 29 1/2 both sides post

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Mopar stage 1 springs lower about an inch

A Guy

·
Registered
124 Posts
I want the same thing. Front is good since this is my daily driver and wife drives it also. Car just fits up the driveway without scratching the front spoiler. But I think the rear could use to be dropped 1". Has anyone installed just rear Mopar Stage 1 springs? Do they sell just the rears? Those are the easier ones to change out anyway.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They typically do not sell just the rear springs its all one package, Mopar lowering springs run about $250. Unless you can find somebody selling some online in the for sale section would probably be your best bet for just the rears.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Well, if done right...the issue is, you never know quite what drop you'll get. And it changes the spring rate. If you had someone who had done 100's, and could say with a certainty they'd be very close, it is a bit of a gamble.

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
just buy mopar 1s, install the rears and put the fronts in the attic.
I am considering doing exactly this. From what I have seen the mopar stage 1 springs drop a Scat .75” and my measurements show that’s about the difference that the rear is hiked up. So thinking leave the front stock and lower the rear only Mopar stage 1.

Anyone else do this since this older posting?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
How about cutting the rear springs? Good idea or not?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If you can afford this car, why not just buy the lowering springs.

If this was a $1000 Honda, I can see why you wouldn't want to put 1/4 cost of the car into it with springs. Some of you are cheap as hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts