Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Scion forum that's what they call extremely cheap or free mods. There are dozens of them from guys over there. I have done several on my xB.

So I was wondering if anyone has done any ghetto mods to their Challengers and if so, how about sharing.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Here's an old pic of my mercedes, the body kit was before I applied paint to it, so don't judge it to hard it looked much better after paint.

Everything was functional

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Looks like you were getting ready for the Texas or Mohave Mile, Mauls. You might want to share this with Karl (Lowwlife) as he's going for 200 mph and this could be of help to him.

Did these mods affect your factory guarantee though? Would be my concern.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Looks like you were getting ready for the Texas or Mohave Mile, Mauls. You might want to share this with Karl (Lowwlife) as he's going for 200 mph and this could be of help to him.

Did these mods affect your factory guarantee though? Would be my concern.
The factory guarantee was not voided with these body effects

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's an old pic of my mercedes, the body kit was before I applied paint to it, so don't judge it to hard it looked much better after paint.

That's sweet!

·
Registered
146 Posts

I seriously doubt that could provide enough downforce. You're going to need to step up your game son.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

Could you please post a detailed how-to guide, including pictures and videos of each step? I'd like to do that to my Challenger, but it looks complicated.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Does that have a trunk monkey, and why don't you have hood pins with locks?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't have any pics, but I've seen older gentlemen who go totally nuts with chrome trim on their cars. Like this one guy had a light green 2000 - something Malibu with cheap chrome covers for thier windshield wipers, cheap Autozone chrome trim along every freakin body line, even ontop of the trunk. Then he had the nerve to have those fake chrome vents stuck to the side, not to mention 2 different pairs of vents (one pair for the front & one pair for the back). And last but not least, he had chrome "rain guards" above each window. That car deserved to be in a side-show!

·
Banned
675 Posts
Could you please post a detailed how-to guide, including pictures and videos of each step? I'd like to do that to my Challenger, but it looks complicated.
I can't post a video my card board camera is broken, but here are the supplies that you will need.

I recommend the laser scissors, they help you always get that straight cut, which is vital if you want a show winner.

All you need after this is a little imagination and remember the bigger the spoiler and hood scoops, the more horse power that is added.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Mauls good how to. However I wanted to ad that an extra coat or two of paint may be needed to better blend in the seam of the cardbored to the body of the Chally for a more profesional look.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Mauls good how to. However I wanted to ad that an extra coat or two of paint may be needed to better blend in the seam of the cardbored to the body of the Chally for a more profesional look.
If you want to get extreme, you can color match your paint, you don't have to be exact card board is pretty forgiving.

Then for a nice touch, I added some clear coat over my painted body kit.

I can't give out all my secrets to you guys other wise we will all be winning auto shows.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Awesome. We should add this to the sticky "mods to win car shows" thread.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Mauls you missed one very important Mod those lambo doors. could you work on that when done it will be super cool.
man, you well are the man!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would love to do something like that to my car....but i just can't afford it.....:( Those body mods don't come cheap ! A guy can dream......

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have been trying to figure out all the different mods that I want to do and what to do first.

After seeing this I will definitely be saving up over the summer and scheduling these here mods for the coming winter. I especially like the hint to add clear coat to the body so it all blends in. :smokin:

As always I have found so much info on the forum that I just can't express it fully :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
16,497 Posts
I've seen a few original E-bodies that have the hood vents accented in hot pink or flourescent green.

When I see those, I die inside a little bit...and then there's the (worn) diamond tuck pattern crushed velour interior...

·
Registered
387 Posts
That body kit will add weight and therefore you require upgrading your performance

Cold air intake mod

Turbo from xmas paper rolls and shoe boxes ,This will be the envy of the maggie crowd.

Now you ready for 200 mph

·
Banned
675 Posts
I've seen a few original E-bodies that have the hood vents accented in hot pink or flourescent green.

When I see those, I die inside a little bit...and then there's the (worn) diamond tuck pattern crushed velour interior...
You can't forget the stick on port holes that people add.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts