Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sunday after taking my kids to the movies, i saw 3 good size bird droppings on the hood. Got home and was watering the rt off and noticed the droppings were dried up and pretty hard. I decided to try rain x bug remover on it to see if it made it easier to remove. After i was done washing i hit some spots on the hood with meguairs scratch x 2.0. After that, i noticed there was some ghost marks and i figures it was residue from the scratch x. Well after work yesterday, i realized that those ghost marks were where the bug remover liquid ran down the hood. Now with the dust it is a lot easier to see those ghost marks. Its like a different build up of dust on that area.

So how do I remove those ghost marks. Some polishing compound, rubbing compound, hit it with some liquid wax?

Im going to get it buffed out on friday, should i just leave it as is and let the buffing take care of it?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would try it with a light compound, use very light pressure, then after that I would clay it and hit it with Meguiars black wax (I assume your car is black). That should take care of it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HR

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Use the clay bar/Black Wax on the whole car and that thing will look great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts