Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a black Cat today with ghost stripes. My idiot loser neighbor has them on his also.

Do you like them? If so, what appeals to you about them?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a 2013 jazz blue rt with (non factory) matte black RT side stripes.

In the sun the stripes are obviously noticeable and give a great accent to the car.

In the shade/at night they are only visible at the right angle and give a killer illusion to the paint scheme on the car. It also meshes with the matte black hood and spoiler on the car.

People often call my car black so I thought I’d throw in my two cents. Definitely like them on some cars and not on others. Depends on the overall scheme one is going after.
Don’t pay attention to how dirty she is in these pictures but hopefully you can tell what I am getting at.

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
I like them but I like bright stripes too.
Stripes are just cool. (y)

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
418 Posts
The decals on my PCP 2019 were hard to read in low light/shadow, and I always had a love/hate relationship with that fact. Don't think I will do any decals on this one.

One more way to customize your ride, so I don't judge but I wouldn't put ghost stripes on myself.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
These are kind of in the middle and I think they look good.
So many options. That's the great part!
Car pic 4.jpg

Reactions: FreddyG and Ashoka

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
1,939 Posts
If your asking what others think would look good on your car remember, your the one that has to be pleased with them or want them other wise I say don't do it.

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
I like matte black stripes on any color Challenger.

If I owned a black car, I would still have matte black stripes.

Love the ghost look in the sun.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
88 Posts
First off as 19johned53 said I think the matte stripes look good on everything.

Secondly when I hear ghost stripes I generally think of painted stripes that are a few shades off of the rest of the paint (usually lighter). I have debated if I ever had a buttload of cash laying around and didn't know what to do with it I would like to re paint my G8 and ghost some Bathurst Stripes on it:

As to why ghost? Not sure, just like it, it's subtle, different. As to why Bathurst? Guess it's the Holden freak in me.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
550 Posts

In the sun the stripes are obviously noticeable and give a great accent to the car.

In the shade/at night they are only visible at the right angle and give a killer illusion to the paint scheme on the car. It also meshes with the matte black hood and spoiler on the car.

People often call my car black so I thought I’d throw in my two cents. Definitely like them on some cars and not on others. Depends on the overall scheme one is going after.
Don’t pay attention to how dirty she is in these pictures but hopefully you can tell what I am getting at.

View attachment 1026956
View attachment 1026957

I like that. It's like getting 2 car stripe options in one depending on when you're looking at it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the "ghost" striping on my R/T. I didnt think I would like them at first b/c I always like the decals to pop but I love them.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,512 Posts

View attachment 1026956
View attachment 1026957

I like Ghost stripes because they aren't in your face and just add some nice detail to a car. I also like subtle mods that make you take a second look at a car wondering what's different.

We had ghosted sidemarker lights on Ruby and I'd see people looking at her knowing that something was different, but couldn't figure it out. If there was another Challenger parked right next to her, then it would jump out. Other than that, it was Very subtle.

By the way, those Weld wheels look SICK on your Challenger!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts