Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look Okay? I thought purple was a better choice than red or blue, but now I'm not so sure. I'm keeping it, regardless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You asked for honesty.......I like factory stuff. Underhood stuff should be left factory...would you do that to an original 71 hemi challenger? just sayin.. being a rare FF, don't do anything you can't un-do.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I think it needs washed!!!!! I like purple but I think I'd like the parts more of they were painted to match the body. I'm all about the monotone theme!

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Put some purple split-loom jackets on those ignition wires already! ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks ok to me. Toxic 11 had a good point though...you could always have the billet parts sprayed with FF. Then it would be unique. And oh ya, wash the poor girl would ya!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
At first I thought I didn't like it that is if it is all you are planning on doing. That made me think however that what you got there is pieces to a larger puzzle really. They are nice pieces but I think you gotta go with an 6.1 intake and chrome a couple of other things tastefully and it would really set the whole engine bay off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The purple doesn't work with the FF and black. Also the 5.7 motors cosmetically are extremely bland and messy without the engine cover on, just like the new 392, so I'd put that back on. I think the pieces would look better stripped and polished than the purple, easy to do and can be dine yourself on the cheap if you have a grinder. Go to Sears and get a buffing wheel and polishing compound for $12 total. Get 100% lye drain opener and mix 50/50 with water, be careful it's caustic as hell and the fumes are toxic, and the anodize comes right off.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'm out.....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Now you have pink and purple, getting a little to rainbow-ish for a muscle car!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Personally, I would just go with a satin or polished non-anodized...

·
Registered
171 Posts
#1) CLEAN that engine bay, lol. But seriously. :)
#2) I don't think it looks "that bad." Just balance it out with a lot of black accents, and I think it could look cool, actually.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't think i'd go purple/pink, and i wouldn't go black either. I think it needs some shiny pieces to contrast the darker pink shade. I'd also do some braided lines on the motor to make the top of the intake look less boring. Some chrome half covers, polished firewall or maybe some pink, purple flames airbrushed on some of the covers. Don't care for the purple, just doesn't go with the pink.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I don't see why you can't use purple and pink, together. They are complementary colors, right? I don't really know much about accessorizing colors, but it seems there ought to be a way to make them work as a package. I would almost say you need more purple things in there, rather than a few things sprinkled about...big stuff like if you could repaint the valve covers or maybe if you can scoop up some of those srt plastic half covers and give those the purple treatment.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I went with Red. As mentioned earlier by Carbon Hog, don't do anything you can't undo, so I didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
it's your car Moparman, do what YOU LIKE. same with the rest of y'as

those who are referring to FF as pink.........are you trying to push the guys buttons? or are you colorblind like me? FF is not PINK. end of rant.

PS: i have a 9 second drag car and my FF car is one of only a few like it, So..........I'm not turning one screw on it. no mods. it's fast enough to speed on any road.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.