Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading all the engine mod threads, I don't have the torture and expense...I mean fun, the V8 owners have :D I already spent too much money on Mods, and have some underhood pieces coming. I can't imagine if I had engine mods to do, lol. Go V6!

A Guy

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, I can't imagine having or wanting a V6 in a Challenger, so.... :wink3::grin2:

You realize most, or at least most of us on the forum have V8s. I would say not many of us actually mod the engine. It's a numbers thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice thing about Challengers is that all models look great. Yes, some are faster than others - but how many of use actually ever use that power to race? It is mostly a head trip. All Challengers look cool! A buddy has the base model and keeps it cleaner and shinier than most of us with V8s. He gets plenty of thumbs up. A lot of people talk power but the majority of people judge you on how "cool" your car looks. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I always say that one should buy the "power level" that they want, and do a little research before buying.

Perfectly contented with my bone stock 392, as it satisfies my needs. If I wanted "more", I should have purchased the HC :)

Add the Chrysler Lifetime Warranty on mine, and I'll have years of BIG smiles while I run the living hell out of it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice thing about Challengers is that all models look great. Yes, some are faster than others - but how many of use actually ever use that power to race? It is mostly a head trip. All Challengers look cool! A buddy has the base model and keeps it cleaner and shinier than most of us with V8s. He gets plenty of thumbs up. A lot of people talk power but the majority of people judge you on how "cool" your car looks. Enjoy!
Absolutely! Most don't use the power they have. I have a V6 and actually use the power. Some might call it aggressive but I call it staying out of the way of zombies who are so courteous that all they do is setup accidents and dodging all the distracted drivers playing with their cell phones. The V6 has ample power and quickness for any imaginable practical and legal street use. Most people, regardless of what they have under the hood, will be watching my taillights fade into the distance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow - some of you guys are harsh towards V6 owners (lets hear it: "He started it!")! Aren't you glad Hellcat and Demon owners don't punk on us who drive 5.7 and 6.4 hemis? I can jusit imagine what they'd say: those aren't real drag racers! :surprise:

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Wow - some of you guys are harsh towards V6 owners (lets hear it: "He started it!")! Aren't you glad Hellcat and Demon owners don't punk on us who drive 5.7 and 6.4 hemis? I can jusit imagine what they'd say: those aren't real drag racers! :surprise:

Some do, and have for years. It's the "mine's bigger than yours" syndrome that started in the sand box when they were actually kids. LOL

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not feeling the love for the V-6. My own opinion is that the SXT is every bit a muscle car at a lower price point to boot. Three hundred and five horsepower is no slouch. The industry has made great strides in performance output for these power plants. I scratch my head every time I come across a thread that bashes V-6s. It is ridiculously fast, but, I do realize that some have to feel better about themselves. :grin2:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow, check out all the standard features on that '80s Challenger. I'm going on e bay motors now and look for one. In 1984 I did buy a new 1984 Dodge Daytona and forget about talking V6, it had a 4 cylinder, all 102 HP of it. I did order it with leather seats and the seats were all leather, not just inserts, aaah, those were the days.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts