Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Glove box wires

5K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  ekladmit 
#1 ·
I've read a few posts on using the wires behind the glove box. Anybody know how to get to them? If someone could also verify the wire to use for a 12v connection. This will be to power the radar detector smart cord so it will need to turn on with the ignition. If there is another wire I should use let me know as the posts I've read were for powering footwell lights.

Ohhh, this is for a '16 Challenger.

#3 ·
That's where I got the power for my accessories. I brought the switched, unswitched and ground to a terminal block under the drivers side dash. Any future additions or modifications can be easily connected without digging back into the console.

#6 ·
I used a terminal block as pictured. Available at any home center. You can get a longer one and cut off what you need. Mine is securely zip tied behind the knee panel which would make taking a pic difficult. Fishing a wire down the A pillar is easy. The top will pop free and it will hinge open as designed for the air bags.

Attachments

#9 ·
Not much different.

So you're saying this piece just pulls off towards me. I tried using a plastic tool to push the wire under but there are two points it won't push. I figured those are where the clips are but the piece slides left and right so I started to think they might be a bracket of some sort and clipped on the right side. If any of that made sense???

I just didn't want to snap anything off. I already have to pull the door panel off because of the plastic puddle light clip that broke off. Started rattling the first day inside there.

#10 ·
Yup, I just grab it with my fingertips and pull back. It has metal clips. Seeing your wire It would make a cleaner installation to fish the wire down the A-pillar then behind the dash. Follow the factory harness. Plenty of space for more wires.

#12 ·
So after struggling with the center console I decided not to tap the 12v passenger plug. I thought about pulling off the A pillar but it goes down into the dash and doesn't give the look like it just pulls off. Am I just tripping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.