Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
it does seam strange

if i was guessing gm said they will fix it but you keep your mouth shut on the forums and to others about it.

just guessing

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
This is why I even removed the HC inlet and air box before I took mine in for a leaking half shaft seal.
Any of the big three will void a warranty on pure B.S.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
His tone is that of someone not wanting to burn any bridges and that's smart. You never know....

I read earlier though that GM offers a CC in their performance parts catalogue? I'm guessing that there is a disclaimer on every page of that catalogue stating off road use only, and your warranty may be void, blah blah.

·
Vendor
11,703 Posts
Do dealers install after market parts/items ??
Never tried

My dealer told me if I buy it from their parts counter and they install it, the full warranty is intact, including P part numbers. I asked specifically before ordering the scat stage 1 upgrade
No catch cans in the MOPAR catalog
there is no warranty on p numbers, good luck getting that warrantied....

we install lots of aftermarket parts and often we require the customer to sign a disclaimer, we are upfront regarding what does and does not restrict warranties.....so that there is no confusion, we also use common sense, a supercharger as nothing to do with a bad window switch....etc

Luke

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
there is no warranty on p numbers, good luck getting that warrantied....

we install lots of aftermarket parts and often we require the customer to sign a disclaimer, we are upfront regarding what does and does not restrict warranties.....so that there is no confusion, we also use common sense, a supercharger as nothing to do with a bad window switch....etc

Luke

Plus most dealers are clueless or they're not upfront like Luke. They'll tell you it's warrantied if they do the install and when there's a problem and they need to get authorization from FCA to do the work, guess what? Authorization denied. Unless the desert repairs it on their own dime which I doubt. I'd say get it in writing if your dealer says its warrantied.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
979 Posts
This is what FCA put out when the kits were released.

Dodge Scat Pack performance stage kits from Mopar will be supported by vehicle warranty — an industry-first from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for such a high-level of performance pmodifications

In an industry-first for such high-level performance modifications offered by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), the factory warranty will be maintained on 2014 Dodge Challenger and Charger vehicles modified with the Scat Pack 1, Scat Pack 2 and Scat Pack 3 performance stage kits with installation at an authorized dealer.

"The Scat Pack factory stage kits can help boost 5.7-liter HEMI performance up to an additional 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing Dodge enthusiasts to extract the maximum performance from their vehicles without the fear and guesswork typically associated with modifying late-model vehicles," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge Brand. "And now with a warranty guarantee, they can do so with the peace of mind that their manufacturer's warranty remains intact."

61 - 67 of 67 Posts