Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a goal of 500hp for my 10 R/T 6spd, is it possible to get that much without nitrous or supercharger/turbo? i already have CAI and diablo tuner, if it is possible what would it take? thanks for any information

5,134 Posts
Supercharge and be done. I got 475 wheel horsepower out of my 6psi Magnacharger kit with a 3.5" filter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i am considering that, but i was curious if it could be done without it. what all do you have done to your engine besides the SC?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
yea i am considering that, but i was curious if it could be done without it. what all do you have done to your engine besides the SC?
bump it up to a 392 or go to the 6.1 based 426 stroker N/A and be done forged motor and if you want more you can always add N2O :thumbsup:

CONTACT PWR he has some smoking deals going on...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Replace the short block to a 426, ported heads, nice cam, 6.1 Intake, and exhaust system. This is a well proven way to get 500rwhp N/A.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input, just got flowmaster exhaust installed today so im on my way to 500, sounds great btw...40 series

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
no....
unless you increase displacement along with those mods its not going to happen. Heads cam ect and a good tune will get you closer.. maybe 425 to 450.. a 425 could get ya there or a supercharger..

Ive heard someone has a few cans of snake oil left... drop one in the tank and 1 in the oil.. run 1 thru the hose on the brake booster and im sure you will exceed your expectations..lol

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
You'll be around SRT hp numbers with a DS tune and nice flowing exhaust..atleast thats what I saw on the dyno. After that I added JBA shortys, catless mids, and a custom tune which put me about 20-25rwhp more than a stock SRT8..

Too get 500hp, I'd just go ahead and throw a maggie on her. Cam and head tuning is just not there yet for our 5.7s from what I've seen

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll be around SRT hp numbers with a DS tune and nice flowing exhaust..atleast thats what I saw on the dyno. After that I added JBA shortys, catless mids, and a custom tune which put me about 20-25rwhp more than a stock SRT8..

Too get 500hp, I'd just go ahead and throw a maggie on her. Cam and head tuning is just not there yet for our 5.7s from what I've seen

yea im leaning more and more towards SC or turbo setup, gotta save a little bit more:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Neither your RT engine or drive train will handle 500 rwhp for long. It's right on the edge - if you race it regularly, it will die sooner. You will need to forge the engine, change the transmission and the drive shafts, etc. You can get a crate engine for $15,000 to 25,000 that will get you that kind of power and more without further mods. But you'll still need to change the rest. Keep it under 500 and you should be good. This info comes from members on this and other Challenger sites. I plan on supercharging my car but have been waiting/studying the results of others who have gone before me. 475 rwhp appears safe.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
getting 500 RWhp out of a N/A 345 inch motor isn't easy. most likely will require a high RPM engine to get that number. weak street motor, but strong track motor

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Neither your RT engine or drive train will handle 500 rwhp for long. It's right on the edge - if you race it regularly, it will die sooner. You will need to forge the engine, change the transmission and the drive shafts, etc. You can get a crate engine for $15,000 to 25,000 that will get you that kind of power and more without further mods. But you'll still need to change the rest. Keep it under 500 and you should be good. This info comes from members on this and other Challenger sites. I plan on supercharging my car but have been waiting/studying the results of others who have gone before me. 475 rwhp appears safe.

15-20k wow where did you get those #s from ? To the OP just shop around. Give us and Speedlogix and PWR and others a call when your ready. We will walk you through the whole process.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
15-20k wow where did you get those #s from ? To the OP just shop around. Give us and Speedlogix and PWR and others a call when your ready. We will walk you through the whole process.

sounds good!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
500 at the crank
That's only about 425 at the wheels. Heads, cam, tune, intake, exhaust should do that pretty easy.

I wanted 500 horses at the wheels on mine so I did a blower. I got about 550+RWHP all said and done. My stock drive train has held up fine over the past year and about 6 trips to the drag strip on street tires.

Stock clutch and all. Motor is forged though.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
500 at the crank
Supercharging is the easiest way to get to your goal. However, if you think you going to want more power in the future then I would seriously think about a stroker or forging your engine first. Talk to any of our vendors and they will help you think through your goals and then walk you through the process of converting your goals for power, driveability, and reliability into reality.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My bad, I researched them a couple years ago and the prices seemed outlandish. How much are they?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts