Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I think about the delivery of my car, I have been debating on taking the stripes off. Since I don't know for sure what the car looks like in person, I want to leave my options open.

When I checked out Great Americans hot rod in the yellow thread, that thing just popped out at me. (GA, thanks for letting me use your picture for this)

I want to keep the stock hood, paint the entire hood and front flat black except where a normal SRT hood stripe would be and leave that area white.

Does that make sense?

Anyone help? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Banned
675 Posts
only spent 2 min on it but you get the idea

·
Banned
675 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Close, can you open up the sides to follow the hood like a normal SRT stripe, like wider? Thanks btw, I can't do crap with photoshop.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Please Stop!

·
Banned
675 Posts
Close, can you open up the sides to follow the hood like a normal SRT stripe, like wider? Thanks btw, I can't do crap with photoshop.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mauls.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a photoshop, but just doesn't look quite right to me.

·
Banned
675 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pic

Is this what your talking about Goehner? Reverse style SRT hood stripe? Pic would be better but on my crappy PC at work.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's it, it does look better, just doesn't look quite as good as GA's car, his hood is obviously different and it just pulls the look better.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
You want to go to a shop that does wraps and get some black wrap material and play with it a bit while you're snowed in.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
BTW, I think those deep Blue stripes are gorgeous on the white. I hate to say this as it might be seen by some negatively, but I saw a Neon SRT4 with the blue stripes on white and it was really nice. I think the IE392 is has the same colors. I would keep the standard colors until another one showed up in my area, then do something different. But again, the two colors that I would have loved to had on my SRT were always white or DWB.

·
Banned
675 Posts
That's it, it does look better, just doesn't look quite as good as GA's car, his hood is obviously different and it just pulls the look better.
get the same hood then :pimp:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You want to go to a shop that does wraps and get some black wrap material and play with it a bit while you're snowed in.
I think the car looks dang good with the stripes too, I am just playing around. I have only wanted white with black hood stripes, the blue stripes has thrown me for a loop, and GA's car just popped at me.

However, I really don't want to spend the extra money on a hood.

·
Banned
675 Posts
made it more white

I said the same thing about not wanting to spend extra money for a hood.... but I just ordered the afr shaker setup :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I don't normally like the T/A hoods I have seen, but that one is awesome and makes me rethink it completely.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts