Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am kicking the tires to upgrade my SXT Plus to a 392 R/T Scat Pack Shaker.

But it's becoming a pain to find one with Vented/Heated Seats without having a boat load of other options thrown in.

I know currently the Vented/Heated seat option is great with leather (yes, I know faux leather) and I use it often in the summer. But, I do drive quite a bit of rentals and I noticed it's not a problem with my back getting hot in cloth seats.

I am wondering if other's have gone down this path and if they have or have not regretted it, since this is something difficult to gauge only during a test drive of the car.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Ordered the standard cloth seats in my '16 SP. Had leather in my previous R/T Classic.

Totally pleased with the cloth, and don't miss the leather at all. 2 1/2 years and 21k miles, and no issues with these seats.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered the standard cloth seats in my '16 SP. Had leather in my previous R/T Classic.

Totally pleased with the cloth, and don't miss the leather at all. 2 1/2 years and 21k miles, and no issues with these seats.
Thanks, this car and the last car both had leather seats, so between these two they have been my daily drivers for almost 10 years. I wasn't sure if about not getting vented seats but just realized on my 5 hour drive back from Phoenix last week that my back wasn't sweating.

i figured this should still be the case with the Challenger, but I wold regret it if it wasn't

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Thanks, this car and the last car both had leather seats, so between these two they have been my daily drivers for almost 10 years. I wasn't sure if about not getting vented seats but just realized on my 5 hour drive back from Phoenix last week that my back wasn't sweating.

i figured this should still be the case with the Challenger, but I wold regret it if it wasn't

While mine isn't a DD, I've taken many long Summer trips. No back sweating issues at all for me. And, when sitting out in the sun, no scorching hot seats to jump into!

I just wasn't keen on all the option packages either, and not a fan of the perforations in the seating area. Just me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If it turned out you wanted heated/vented seats you could always add them later. This also allows you to choose a custom leather config if you go with the katskin interior. On the challenger the button that controls the heat/cooled feature is easily accessed from the side of the seat. Then the car would come with only the options you wanted and leather with heated/cooled seats.

Ron

Attachments

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I had nice Katzkin leather installed w/Dodge dealer discount less than 1200.00 with console and door inserts. Not heated/ventilated though. Still bearable in Miami sun. Plus you can pick from 30+ colors!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
I don't like leather seats all that much and ordered cloth in my '09 and my '15 Challengers. The cloth is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer and very comfortable. No need for heated/cooled seats.

There is little to no maintenance required for cloth and they last a long time while still looking new. No creases or leather conditioner needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts