Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A B5 Blue
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in for the new security update next Monday on my 2019 Challenger T/A 392, anything I need to know? I got the letter awhile back, just starting to drive it now that the weather is nice. I'll probably will get the extra key fobs too. I know FCA had three improvements for this, any recommendations and I'm l limited on what I can get because it's a 2019? In particular the Intrusion Module, sounds like its for newer models. I'll talk to the dealer service writers again, but they didn't seem to knowledgeable about it.

Thanks, Snowdoggie

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,241 Posts
Which update, the RF hub lockout? They stopped doing the valet mode security last I saw. Intrusion module is only on the newer cars, not for retrofitting. So as far as I am aware, the RF hub lockout is all that's available for your 2019

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
I think that's right too, RF Lockdown only which is still worth doing.

Then pull your fuel pump relay and get the park release cover from Tailhappy and lock it down with some security screws and the only way they're stealing it is with a tow truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which update, the RF hub lockout? They stopped doing the valet mode security last I saw. Intrusion module is only on the newer cars, not for retrofitting. So as far as I am aware, the RF hub lockout is all that's available for your 2019

A Guy
So the 2022's do not come with the enhanced valet mode anymore? Just the intrusion mode and the RF hub lockout? I tried having the "enhanced" valet mode installed twice on my 2021 Wide body Charger Scat pack and both times they were unsuccessful.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
See this post: Enhanced Security Valet Mode

Dodge is aware that not being able to reprogram new keys can prove to be a headache down the road, so when owners take their Challenger or Charger in to have this software installed via a reflash of the computer system, they can also opt to have up to 2 keys made at a discounted rate.

·
Registered
17,855 Posts
So the 2022's do not come with the enhanced valet mode anymore? Just the intrusion mode and the RF hub lockout? I tried having the "enhanced" valet mode installed twice on my 2021 Wide body Charger Scat pack and both times they were unsuccessful.
Several have reported that the enhanced valet mode on their 2022 was working correctly.

But I saw a 2022 Charger Scat Pack video and he was able to get it over 20 mph so that doesn't seem right.

The car should idle and that's about it.

So might just have to see how it works when you get it.

You will have the new alarm with the glass breakage and intrusion.

You won't have the hub lock unless you request from dealer.

Reactions: Jgboys1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Several have reported that the enhanced valet mode on their 2022 was working correctly.

But I saw a 2022 Charger Scat Pack video and he was able to get it over 20 mph so that doesn't seem right.

The car should idle and that's about it.

So might just have to see how it works when you get it.

You will have the new alarm with the glass breakage and intrusion.

You won't have the hub lock unless you request from dealer.

Got it thank you. I brought it to my dealer twice to install the enhanced valet mode and it never worked. I can drive almost to 50 mph, when the valet mode is set. I gave up. I might be trading it in for a 2022 Wide Body Challenger anyway very soon. It depends if my dealer is going give me a decent deal or try to screw me. We will see.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,241 Posts
I believe the 2022s do, yes. Whether it works, as mentioned, I cannot say

A Guy

Reactions: Jgboys1

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I’d guess at hundreds with the key cut and programming, I had a truck done and $349 out the door for one.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A B5 Blue
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, cost was $140 for the extra key fob, but get this............ the manual key was an extra $40. Supposedly it was an $85 discount, overall. I also got a bonus surprise, somebody at the dealer ran the front spoiler in to a parking curb and it's all scratched up. Allegedly, they're going to take care of it. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Allegedly I’d have had a “talk” with the idiot. Make sure none of the supporting plastic is broken. That fascia moved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts