Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R/T Scat Pack came with 245-45-20 tires with 9" rims. Can I go up to 275-40-20 tires without any problems with the tires rubbing?

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
yes - all Scat Packs come with 9" wheels - 275/40 will readily fit.

It was the day #1 mod on my '16 SPS that I did

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Scatpack
14 Posts
I've been considering getting 275's on the back of my scat too. Does it look silly not having it on all 4?

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
I've been considering getting 275's on the back of my scat too. Does it look silly not having it on all 4?
Many performance cars come with wider tires on the rear. This is especially appealing on the Challenger with its "old school" look. That is what I have on my 2009 SRT and I love it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My 09 SRT8 had staggered tires. The only thing I never liked about it was the inability to do a 4-way tire rotation. I eventually solved that problem by getting a Widebody. That was easier than trying to decide which tire size to switch to. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have Continental extrem contact 305/35ZR20 on stock wheels nothing touches And it’s lowered 2”
2015 SRT 392

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to thank all those who contributed to my post on going to wider tires. Although I,m rather old school and like the look of the wider tires in the rear, being able to rotate the tires seems like the most logical decision so the 275's are going on all four wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,791 Posts
Should give you a nice look regardless (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts
I have Continental extreme contact 305/35ZR20 on stock wheels nothing touches And it’s lowered 2”
2015 SRT 392
Do you have any pictures that you could Please share? I've thought about doing the same thing to Ruby and would like to see what it'd look like.

Which lowering springs did you use to get he 2" drop?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s a 2015 SRT I bought it from a exotic car dealer in NJ. it was already set up with all eihbach springs and torsion bars subframe and shock tower support bars Tires and rims. It drives like Lamborghin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
"My 09 SRT8 had staggered tires. The only thing I never liked about it was the inability to do a 4-way tire rotation."

I try to rotate the tires front to back about every 6,000 miles. With conventional oil in my daily driver cars, I change the oil every 3,000 miles, so basically I rotate the tires every two oil changes. Do this and the tires will last much longer. These cars like most V-8 rear wheel drive cars are heavier in the front, so the front tires get more wear. These are heavy, 4,000 pound cars, not ricers.

Staggered tires are a holdover from the 1970s drag strip mentality that is past it's time. Reminds me of a guy in my neighborhood who had a 1970s Nova with the hatchback. All looks, no go. Modern muscle cars handle and perform nowdays, they are not just for the strip. That's why the Challenger comes with the same size tires on all four wheels.

Staggered tires are stupid in my opinion. It's a teenage mentality. Reminds me of the discussion of top speeds here where the posters are stupid enough to post publicly about how they went 130 mph on a public road. A hick Dukes of Hazzard mentality.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts