Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Going to drags..Any tips or techniques???

1315 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Jelsis
I am taking my stock 2010 SRT8 auto with all season tires to raceway park in N.J on Sat.. Please share any tips or techniques for launching and getting good 60ft times. What psi in the front and rear (all season) tires is best, Do I put the trans in 1st and let it shift itself or just leave in auto for best results? Should I bring rpms up and stomp on it at the green or ease into throttle? What about traction control(on, partial or completely off)? I plan on going around the water box and doing a short power brake to clean and warm my tires. I have 100's of 1/4 mile passes/runs under my belt but I am new to this car and could use some of your proven techniques to get the most out of this car. Any help would be very much appreciated.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Assume your on stock tires? Then, for sure do not overheat your right guys.

Also, experiment with putting it in autostick and letting it shift on it's own down the track and standard auto. Personally, my car always runs faster in standard auto, although I do my burnout in autostick 1 obviously.

ESP full off.
Slight power brake till it feels like it wants to go.
Hammer pedal at light or your 60' will suffer. (On my stock tires I've pulled 1.85 60's)

Very important! Make sure your car is cooled down a lot before each pass. Heat soak is a real issue on the 6.1! Bring towels, bring bags of ice and sit on top of manifold. Run your passes as cold as possible.

My .02

Good luck and make us proud!

· Registered
465 Posts
if you have track experience you don't need advice , just some seat time !
not likely you will overpower the track with any kind of track prep
Exactly, that's why I say hammer it off the line. If you spin 'em then it's just track prep/too cold or too much overheat on the stock tires (releasing oils).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.