Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Remember, these comments are coming from people who Plastic Dip most everything on a Challenger and think it's cool. You'll need some Matte Black striping details to pull it off though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What would be the issue with plasti dipping the whole car? Whats the issue with 26" and candy paint? You buy a 30k car and add 10k in cosmetics, so what. As long as the owner likes it. What does the engine size have to do with wrapping a car. I just cannot understand what the issue is. I understand everyone has an opinion, it doesn't make your opinion right. If it was up to some owners dodge would only make a black v8

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
6SPD4ME said:
6SPD4ME said:
Remember, These comments are coming from people who think Plastic Dip most everything on a Challenger is cool. You'll need some Black Matte striping details to pull it off though.
6SPD4ME said:
What would be the issue with plasti dipping the whole car? Whats the issue with 26" and candy paint? You buy a 30k car and add 10k in cosmetics, so what. As long as the owner likes it. What does the engine size have to do with wrapping a car. I just cannot understand what the issue is. I understand everyone has an opinion, it doesn't make your opinion right. If it was up to some owners dodge would only make a black v8
That's exactly my point ... you don't need to ask anyone what they think. Let them view the final project on its own merits. It's the owner's car and his abstract idea that could become mainstream.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok I know this isn't perfect since it's the first time I have tried to change the color on a car in CS6 and I whipped this up in like 5 mins, so...
This is actually my Challenger and I tried to duplicate that Lambo's RED Color which I am guessing is that
(Dark?) Cranberry Red Chrome...

I think with Black Stripes you maybe able to pull it off...REGARDLESS OF ENGINE SIZE!!! :SM127:

Attachments

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ok I know this isn't perfect since it's the first time I have tried to change the color on a car in CS6 and I whipped this up in like 5 mins, so...
This is actually my Challenger and I tried to duplicate that Lambo's RED Color which I am guessing is that
(Dark?) Cranberry Red Chrome...

I think with Black Stripes you maybe able to pull it off...REGARDLESS OF ENGINE SIZE!!! :SM127:
It looks sweet can you do the same thing with the gold i've been looking for somebody who could change the colors so i can see what it looks like. Thanks alot for contributing with the picture

·
Registered
364 Posts
It looks sweet can you do the same thing with the gold i've been looking for somebody who could change the colors so i can see what it looks like. Thanks alot for contributing with the picture
No worries! Here are a few more I made... I got better the second time around :spineyes:

This is actually before I lowered my car. I am sure it will look a lil more bad azz with it lowered.
I will try to take some pics with my car as it is lowered now and do some other example shots.

Hope you like 'em!

:program:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
At least it's only a V6 car the OP is thinking about ruining, and not a HEMI car.
thanks...I always get a good laugh reading idiotic logic :jester:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Funny side note: Apparently the guy who did the chrome Camaro went to prison. It seems he got his money by tax fraud. The magazine article featuring his car and all the other flashy stuff tipped off the feds. Lol

Back to topic...I like the cranberry one. I wouldn't do it. But, I think it will look hot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

this what it looks like now I will post a pic in a few weeks when i get back to the states after I do the wrap

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
what it looks like now I will post a pic in a few weeks when i get back to the states after I do the wrap
Looks like inferno red... great color... I would stick with that

41 - 60 of 62 Posts