Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find this color... vulgar and not really an appetizing color?

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
I have seen one in person and while I would not order it it was very attractive in the Summer sunlight. It would look very classy for an older man or women that didn't want to be in a high impact color.
Or for Midas himself! ;)

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
142 Posts
Not really an appealing color to me, but others seem to like it. Hey, that’s why we have choices. Be pretty boring if everyone liked the same thing.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
559 Posts
I’ve seen a few of these cars in person. One was a T/A 392 & the other was a Hellcat. Both looked really good. Especially in the light. I however would not get this color for me personally.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Gold Rush is a cool color really liked this one...
View attachment 1031770
Are these by any chance 275/40R20 tires on 9" or 9.5" wheels? I like how they fill-up the wheel wells. Awesome color too.

I have seen one in person and while I would not order it it was very attractive in the Summer sunlight. It would look very classy for an older man or women that didn't want to be in a high impact color.
Or for Midas himself! ;)
Gold Rush is a HIC.

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
Reactions: Yonko

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
629 Posts
It needed to be darker like Amp'd on 2014 Wranglers which reminded me of the classic EL5 Butterscotch color.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger RT T/A
20 Posts
I think like smoke show and other odd ball colors they don't do justice in photos, I have not seen a gold rush but I bet it looks amazing with the flake in the sunlight, and similarly my smoke show always looks off in photos but in person the color is perfect to me, but like anything its all personal preference.. hell I love a challenger in any color.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,418 Posts
Its an odd color that you have to see 1st hand. Dodge seriously dropped the ball in promoting it, making the blackout package required to purchase and honestly, (seeing it in person), it looks nothing like any pic / rendering supplied by dodge.
Its not a flat mustard color as its often represented, but a beautiful mix of metallic subtile green & gold/ yellow.
Personally, in the sun, its actually really nice and certainly unique.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts
Vulgar? That is a very strong description! It's not in my top 5 colors, but like all Challengers, it looks good, especially in T/A form. I like the 50th in Gold Rush as well

A Guy

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
761 Posts
Gold Rush looks especially sweet after waxing. In sun... :oops: Under night lighting is fabulous as well. No, digital images can't reproduce what you see in-person. It takes-on three different shades, depending on the lighting.

I asked a painter if he could paint the hood to match the rest of the car? He said; "GM offered a similar custom finish back in the 70's. It's a 3 part process that I wouldn't want to attempt. If I were painting the entire car, sure. It's an amazing old-school color, take care of it."

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,547 Posts
I think like smoke show and other odd ball colors they don't do justice in photos, I have not seen a gold rush but I bet it looks amazing with the flake in the sunlight, and similarly my smoke show always looks off in photos but in person the color is perfect to me, but like anything its all personal preference.. hell I love a challenger in any color.
Many photos would look truer to color if the White Balance on your Digital Photos is properly set if nothing else set it to auto.
You can do this on your Phones, and Digital Cameras if you go through the settings...

As for Golds
Gold can be tricky I had two Gold Top Gibson Les Pauls Same Year Same Model the Gold was different one usually gave a odd Greenish Hue the other just Popped.
The Gold Rush Car's have similar results...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts