Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I’m in the market for a car alarm for my 2009 Dodge Challenger. I’m looking for one that will go off if someone tries opening my door handle or manages to get the door open. Also if a window is broken etc. Auto start is a plus but not necessary.

If you guys have had good experience with a car alarm for your Challenger please let me know and provide a link if possible. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,512 Posts
I know on my 2015 you can install shock and tilt sensors to trigger the factory alarm.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: 1973Cuda

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I know on my 2015 you can install shock and tilt sensors to trigger the factory alarm.
I like my Viper Alarm system with just the shock sensor. It has a 2 way remote. you could lock, unlock, open trunk, remote start car 1000 feet away. Also if something happens within the distance your remote will sound in addition to the alarm going off. I don't really use the remote it comes with. Once set up you just need your original key fob. Locking sets the alarm. Unlocking turns it off. Simple.

I also have a mobile hotspot and dashcam which is another form of "alarm" while parked. it will let me know where my car is on the map at any given time. If there is any motion near my car I will be alerted ( I turned that off unless I park somewhere where there shouldn't be any motion, or rarely), I just turned on impact alerts. So if my car is impacted while parking i'll know if it's a door ding, accident, break in attempt, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts