Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my bumper to bumper warranty has expired on my Challenger. The oil changes and diagnostic checks are insanely expensive at the dealership.

Does anyone know of a good auto repair shop to regularly take my Challenger from now on? Looking for a shop that would have some knowledge of our cars, who does honest work at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

I would go to All-Pro but they are TOO busy. I hate waiting for hours just to have them look at it. Keith's a good guy and all, but I want something more accessible.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Here's a little Help with Yelp;

Auto repair Omaha, NE

The ratings & reviews should help you find what you are looking for. :)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
The Car Shop off 87th and Sorensen Parkway, that is where my car is right now, my step dad owns it, so with the the stuff I'm doing to my car he's pretty familiar with them.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a little Help with Yelp;

Auto repair Omaha, NE

The ratings & reviews should help you find what you are looking for. :)
That's a good guide! Thanks man, I have more options now. Just gotta find one that is familiar with our car.

The Car Shop off 87th and Sorensen Parkway, that is where my car is right now, my step dad owns it, so with the the stuff I'm doing to my car he's pretty familiar with them.
Sounds good. That's not too far from where I am at. I was planning on going with Lantz Bros. on Keystone Dr., but I might have to give The Car Shop a call and see if they can diagnose/fix my evap system.

'Preciate it.

Jay

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking it to Lantz Bros. tomorrow. I've been to them before they are pretty good. Honest and very affordable. Hopefully they can fix my evap system so it stops throwing codes.

I appreciate the suggestions though.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Taking it to Lantz Bros. tomorrow. I've been to them before they are pretty good. Honest and very affordable. Hopefully they can fix my evap system so it stops throwing codes.

I appreciate the suggestions though.
Let me know what you end up doing. I have some evap issues too. "P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow" to be exact. Going to try a new gas cap first and will go from there.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know what you end up doing. I have some evap issues too. "P0441 Evaporative Emission System Incorrect Purge Flow" to be exact. Going to try a new gas cap first and will go from there.
Will do sir. I'm getting the exact same code:

P0441 Evaporative Emissions System Incorrect Purge Flow . Interestingly enough it doesn't seem to come on with the stock tune. My custom tune is pretty well dialed in, but maybe it's more sensitive to detecting problems/issues. I really don't know. What I do know is it could be a multitude of things such as a vacuum leak, block solenoid or a faulty gas cap. My catch can lines are in great shape, so I doubt that's the problem.

I also had this code come up before:

P1441 Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Flow During Non-Purge

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great experience at Lantz Brothers! Very friendly, honest and timely. They saw right away what the problem was. They noticed that the purge hose wasn't attached to the intake manifold! I can't believe I overlooked this. Turns out I had this issue once the dealership replaced the gaskets on my intake which was leaking. The dolts didn't plug the purge hose back on and that's what was causing the code. I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to return to the dealer anymore.

They checked the rest of the system and gas cap and said it was all okay. Now no more code and no more worries! They only charged me a 1/2 for labor so it wasn't that bad! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Great experience at Lantz Brothers! Very friendly, honest and timely. They saw right away what the problem was. They noticed that the purge hose wasn't attached to the intake manifold! I can't believe I overlooked this. Turns out I had this issue once the dealership replaced the gaskets on my intake which was leaking. The dolts didn't plug the purge hose back on and that's what was causing the code. I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to return to the dealer anymore.

They checked the rest of the system and gas cap and said it was all okay. Now no more code and no more worries! They only charged me a 1/2 for labor so it wasn't that bad! :icon_smile:
Hmmm my intake manifold is now a Edelbrock E-Force. Not sure if I can replicate this.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts

Congrats on getting your problem solved! :thumbsup:

Sometimes, the obvious isn't so obvious. :shrug03:

It appears they made a very good first impression with you on their honesty and integrity.

I suspect that you will see them again in the future. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts