Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of replacing the (2nd set) F1's on the SRT. Will do rears first since fronts are still pretty good.

I am need of a tire which will do ok down to (maybe sub) freezing temperatures as it does get cold in TX, but still perform like a good summer performance tire when hot.
Rain & snow is not an issue as I don't drive the SRT in these conditions.

I have as contenders:

Nitto 05's
Toyo Proxies 4
Hankook Ventus

Anyone weigh in on both summer & winter performance winners from the above?

·
Super Moderator
14,691 Posts
I have heard good things about the Hankook Ventus.

You may also want to consider some other Ultimate Performance All-Season tires.

Go to Tire Rack's web site and click on tires/performance categories. They also have informative owner surveys on all of their tires including the Ventus.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS tire is also getting great reviews.

The tire shop who did my wheel swap were recommending them to a lot of people and these guys are pretty well respected amongst the driving/racing community in SoCal.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't Continental have a bunch of problems with tread separation or something like that a few years ago? I don't know but for some reason I wrote them off as a "do not use" product much like I did Armour All!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Love my Toyo Proxies4,bout 12k miles now and GREAT in rain, tho they aren't available from Tirerack or Discount Tire, seems they are import to Canada and got mine thru tires4less think. Hankook are a subsidery of Toyo, and use their molds and compounds just manufactored in Korea instead of Japan and are stock on Huyndias. Except for Woodyear any Z rated tire seems pretty good tho.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Didn't Continental have a bunch of problems with tread separation or something like that a few years ago? I don't know but for some reason I wrote them off as a "do not use" product much like I did Armour All!
If you Google, it appears that almost every tire company has had a recall over tread separation, I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I like the Yokohama Parada Spec X and I put 245 on the front and 255 on the back. Around 1100.00 for the set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts