Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer has a new 2010 R/T with an MSRP of $39,250 advertised for $35,250 (includes $2,000 rebate). Is this a good deal or only an okay deal?

Been looking at used SRTs and have seen a couple of nice low mileage 2008 & '09s go for 31-32K. I hadn't thought much about new, but if I could get a new R/T for 30-31K I might just go that route. Any chance with both winter and the 2011s coming soon the dealer might go lower than 35K on the new R/T? Mitch

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's good but not great. I got mine for a thousand dollars less, similar MSRP. I have seen others post better deals than mine too.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
It's an okay deal.. I paid 32,500 for a 2010 R/T Classic, but it was with no options except satellite radio.

I don't know what options are on the one you're looking at. But, I think you cn do better....

Mike

·
Registered
676 Posts
What Kean said.. What options does it have?

Our sticker was ~33K and we had NO options except the 20" chrome clad rims and red hood-fender R/T stripes. Then we got 2K of Mopar bucks on top of that. For 35K to be a "great" deal, it would need to be pretty much fully loaded.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dealer by me has a 2010 r/t in Detonator Yellow with i think almost every option, sticker $40,500 and they want $30,000. I am really tempted to try to trade in my 09 r/t for that one. I love mine but i so want the yellow.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dealer by me has a 2010 r/t in Detonator Yellow with i think almost every option, sticker $40,500 and they want $30,000. I am really tempted to try to trade in my 09 r/t for that one. I love mine but i so want the yellow.
I say do it. 1. DTY is a HOT color. 2. it's going to be one of the rarest colors this car gets produced in. So if your going to have it for a long time, value could be HUGE if you go about it the right way ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I say do it. 1. DTY is a HOT color. 2. it's going to be one of the rarest colors this car gets produced in. So if your going to have it for a long time, value could be HUGE if you go about it the right way ;)
Went to look at it today. Love the color. The price is great. The problem is they are not that interested in my trade and are not offering enough for my 09 r/t. I want the yellow but not enough to get killed in the trade in.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
zuko3984 that sounds like a good deal would you be willing to shear dealer name?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Went to look at it today. Love the color. The price is great. The problem is they are not that interested in my trade and are not offering enough for my 09 r/t. I want the yellow but not enough to get killed in the trade in.
Take your car to CARMAX.. They will appraise it and cut a check that day if you have the title. If not, I think they'll pay it off, and give you the balance.. Not sure EXACTLY how that process works, but talk to them.. especially if you owe less than what the trade value is.

Mike

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would NOT take that deal. If that's the best they will do then just wait for the 2011 models to come out. Then they will start lowering the prices on the 10 models BIG!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's a GREAT deal! Maybe you can sell your R/T outright. Good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
76 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts