Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the opportunity to buy an Intune I1000-DCX for $250.

I am very on the fence about buying a tuner … but is it fair to say that if I buy it and don’t like it I could probably resell it at that price without a loss?

The guy selling it says he used it once a couple years ago on his ’12 R/T when he bought it to load a tune into his car. Other than that it has sat in a box. He just traded the car in and no longer needs it.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually did ask that question - his response. "No worries. You will need to install the latest firmware and updates. Other than that there shouldn't be any issues"

...say it hasn't been unmarried...what are the actions from there? You need to provide proof you purchased it and didn't steal it or something? So they can wipe it clean?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I think they can whip it clean for a fee, i just purchased mine this weekend from a authorized dealer its not a small amount of money so i wanted peace of mind but i tend to believe most are on the up and 250 is a hella deal. I just modify the stocked tune and so far it was worth every penny.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have not used mine very much and a buddy of mine has it now so I cant check. I thought it told you on the screen if it was installed or not. You could have him plug it up and see what it says then take a picture. I may be wrong though!!!!!!

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lurch - I'll look into that. Maybe Mike from Diablo will see the thread and be nice enough to Chime in.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
So I have the opportunity to buy an Intune I1000-DCX for $250.

I am very on the fence about buying a tuner … but is it fair to say that if I buy it and don’t like it I could probably resell it at that price without a loss?

The guy selling it says he used it once a couple years ago on his ’12 R/T when he bought it to load a tune into his car. Other than that it has sat in a box. He just traded the car in and no longer needs it.
If it's married, you won't be able to update it without going through Diablo (or at least the Trinitys you can't). Probably cost you the same for a new one which will have a warranty.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to make sure it is unmarried. If any of you guys with an Intune want to chime in and help me figure out exactly how to determine that it would be greatly appreciated !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts