Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2018 SRT couple of weeks ago. For a variety of reasons I wasn't really looking to buy just then. Prompting me to do so was a discount offered by a dealer up in Orange County. Personally, I think it a very good deal. However, I don't have anything to support my opinion other than what I think. Here are the numbers:

Window Sticker/MSRP: 51,985
Dodge Discount: 1,000
Dealer Discount: 8,318
What I Paid: 42,667

As you can surmise from the MSRP it's not a highly optioned car, which might be why the dealer discounted it so much. I won't be offended if I'm told what a paid isn't the deal I think it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well you can't give it back so ya might as well enjoy it lol...that said I don't see anything wrong with your decision

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would think it has plenty of goodies as it is an SRT and they come pretty well equiped. I think you got a very good deal. Enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
13,338 Posts
Congratulations on your SRT, you got a great deal! According to KBB, the average fair market purchase price for a 2018 SRT 392 (with standard options) is $49,107, with an MSRP of $50,590 and an Invoice Price of $49,471. You bought your car for about $7,000 under invoice. It looks like the dealer was anxious to move it off his lot to help clear inventory. Is it an auto or manual? Manuals are harder to sell.

I am kind of jealous. Back in 2008, there were no discounts. Because the cars were new and in hot demand, we had to pay MSRP or even MSRP plus a "market adjustment" to buy an SRT.

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
All that matters is what you think.

If you have the color and options that you wanted, then the car is a "good deal". Enjoy the beast!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the SRT!!! Awesome car. Not much to add. Now, you got REAL close to 20%
off. On a current model car. And the top dog of the 6.4s! I don't see them that deeply discounted. Usually the Scats..... like mine. So I say, Good Get!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on your SRT, you got a great deal! According to KBB, the average fair market purchase price for a 2018 SRT 392 (with standard options) is $49,107, with an MSRP of $50,590 and an Invoice Price of $49,471. You bought your car for about $7,000 under invoice. It looks like the dealer was anxious to move it off his lot to help clear inventory. Is it an auto or manual? Manuals are harder to sell.

I am kind of jealous. Back in 2008, there were no discounts. Because the cars were new and in hot demand, we had to pay MSRP or even MSRP plus a "market adjustment" to buy an SRT.
It is a manual, which is what I wanted. Couple of years ago when I went to sell my 6 speed 2010 R/T I learned not many want a 6 speed. Took me a while to sell it even though is was in excellent condition. Everyone is different, but I get bored driving an automatic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Considering I'm paying closer to $49k for an 18 (very lightly optioned, M6, tech package and red seatbelts); you got a smoking deal.

I had to custom order because there want a M6 within a thousand miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That’s a great deal! Congrats! Yes M6s are hard to find. I bought my SC used though 2015 with 18,000 miles and M6 was the only reason I bought it not too many people realize the M6 tranny is the TR6060 which came in the GT500s for sure and Vetts I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
RJSCAT
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing