Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

new to the forum, not so new to the challenger.

i've been looking at the r/t's for a while now and i think im ready to pull the trigger.

ive got a local dodge dealer looking to do $27495 for a 2010 r/t with the track pak and sunroof. im not sure which trim package this is. everything else is stock, cloth, base radio etc etc. obviously all the incentives dissapear in a few days. is it worth me pushing back and seeing if i can get a bit more off? im a first time car buyer dont have much experience haggling with dealers. this will be my daily driver.

any tips? comments?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
There is a $2,000 rebate and another $1500 if it is a 6sp (I presume it is because you say trac pack) and $500 if military/active/reserve/retired. It would help to know the MSRP of the car before saying good deal or not and what you have negotiated so far. It is the best time of year to deal because each dealer has a "sales" goal given to them by Chrysler to meet. Also if you are financing the car it is helpful to get pre-approved from a bank/credit union. The dealer may be able to get a better rate which you can use instead but getting pre-approved gives you the knowledge to stop the dealer from making extra money from getting you to sign a high interest loan.

My other question is does the "year" end tomorrow or COB Sunday because it is a weekend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the price after the incentives, i was gonna put 9500 down. msrp was 33,xxx (he showed me the invoice) whatever thats worth. i dont have enough credit history so my dad would co-sign. for 5.4% apr.

according to dodge, the incentives are good till jan 3rd.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You said your new to the forum so WELCOME. We don't know your money situation so only you can decide what you can afford and if you'll be happy with it in the long run. Good luck.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
$6k off sticker is a dang good deal, I would do it.

Unless of course you want to try and swing an SRT, used ones are screaming good deals in low 30k.

Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
while i do think the SRT's are amazing, the price vs performance isnt worth it for me...

as far as my money situation goes....i have about 25k saved up...and make decent wages for my field....i can definatly afford the car...pretty comfortably...just kinda wondering what other people were paying for the same setups.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Alot of times you look straight at $$ but you need to worry about the long run. If this is a new car then you need to make sure the dealer you get it from takes care of customers. Some of them just want to sell the car and then it's your problem. Just an old mans opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd go for it... by the way.. welcome to the forum from Ohio. Take pictures and post if and when you buy it!

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of working a deal. Here is where I got. MSRP is $34,350 and includes 27F package (6-speed and a few other goodies like track pack), Sirius, red hood to fender RT stripes and 20" wheel pack which gives the 3.92 gears.

My buy price out the door is $28,200. If I elect to have dealer swap 20" Chrome clad wheels for stock 18" RT wheels I can get for $27,000 out the door. Keep in mind where I live we don't have sales tax but its common to reach a deal and see $200+ tacked on for "doc fees". That annoys me so I negotiate a true out the door cost.

So if I took $34,350 - $1200 for 20" wheels it adjusts MSRP to
$33,150. Sounds similar to yours but I'm about $500 cheaper plus I won't be worrying about doc fees. You may not either depending how you negotiated or if dealers do doc fees better.

Perhaps a better way to look at it is I'm getting roughly $6,200 off MSRP. You're close but may be able to squeeze a few more dollars. Either way I think good deal and wouldn't lose over a few hundred bucks.

Hope it helps. And hope you aren't trying to deal on the same car as me, lol.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of working a deal. Here is where I got. MSRP is $34,350 and includes 27F package (6-speed and a few other goodies like track pack), Sirius, red hood to fender RT stripes and 20" wheel pack which gives the 3.92 gears.

My buy price out the door is $28,200. If I elect to have dealer swap 20" Chrome clad wheels for stock 18" RT wheels I can get for $27,000 out the door. Keep in mind where I live we don't have sales tax but its common to reach a deal and see $200+ tacked on for "doc fees". That annoys me so I negotiate a true out the door cost.

So if I took $34,350 - $1200 for 20" wheels it adjusts MSRP to
$33,150. Sounds similar to yours but I'm about $500 cheaper plus I won't be worrying about doc fees. You may not either depending how you negotiated or if dealers do doc fees better.

Perhaps a better way to look at it is I'm getting roughly $6,200 off MSRP. You're close but may be able to squeeze a few more dollars. Either way I think good deal and wouldn't lose over a few hundred bucks.

Hope it helps. And hope you aren't trying to deal on the same car as me, lol.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If you are getting $6000 of MSRP on $33,000 R/T it is not a bad deal. You have a very large down payment and a co-signer, your interest rate is not bad but I suspect you might be able to do better, maybe in the 4's. It would be a nice bonus if it is a "good" dealership/service shop. I think something like that is worth a couple of hundred

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welp, i pulled the trigger, spent all day at the dealer**** yesterday, since i traded my camry which was owned by my dad, i couldnt swap the plates and they had to get MA plates for it. i wasnt able to drive it off the lot. I take delivery tonight...although i gotta drive all the way back across the state then back once i pick it up.

i'll post pics asap.

on first opening of the sunroof the little black accordian seal part tore right off then shredded itself on the track...thanfully the car is still warrenteed :) they took it back downstairs and fixed it right up. i hadnt even signed the paperwork, also a few spots i need buffed before i take it. other than that...it looks good.....NOW i need to find a mopar catalog and start adding parts hahah.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. in the end it mostly came down to the fact that i was just stressed out thinking about it...and i might as well just do it and be damned. hahha thats how i usually make most of my important decisions. No such thing as free will!

-S

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hehe, welp i was driving back to springfield from andover....bout 80miles.....and got half way there. and my dad called to say that there was an issue with the paperwork...and the dealer wasnt able to get the car registered for me.

so i still dont have the car....

and also...why the hell did the dealer call him and not me?? hes the co-signer...its my car, i wrote the check.

kinda pissed.

saga continues....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts