Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSRP: $34,940
No Haggle Price: $31,503 (minus $399 "processing" fee)

Here's a layout of what options it has ('11 model). The site says it has the 27 F,J, M and 28F packages:

• 276 Watt Amplifier
  • 50 State Emissions
  • 6 Boston Acoustics Speakers
  • Electronics Convenience Group
  • Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • MOPAR Decal Kit
  • MOPAR Exterior Appearance Group
  • MOPAR Hood Scoop
  • MOPAR Rear Spoiler
  • Power Sunroof
  • Quick Order Package 27J R/T Plus
  • Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Tremec
Does the no-haggle price sound good with these options? This is the first time I am buying new, so I'm trying to enlist as many opinions as possible.

I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
MSRP: $34,940
No Haggle Price: $31,503 (minus $399 "processing" fee)

Here's a layout of what options it has ('11 model). The site says it has the 27 F,J, M and 28F packages:

• 276 Watt Amplifier
  • 50 State Emissions
  • 6 Boston Acoustics Speakers
  • Electronics Convenience Group
  • Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • MOPAR Decal Kit
  • MOPAR Exterior Appearance Group
  • MOPAR Hood Scoop
  • MOPAR Rear Spoiler
  • Power Sunroof
  • Quick Order Package 27J R/T Plus
  • Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Tremec
Does the no-haggle price sound good with these options? This is the first time I am buying new, so I'm trying to enlist as many opinions as possible.

I appreciate the help.
Check the edmunds link posted above. I got an 11 classic ( 33795) for 30500 then the 1 K rebate, 29500 = 4295 off MSRP. Assuming a similar deal on yours it would be ~31650 - 1k rebate 30650. If you can get another 750 or so I'd try. Its a buyer's market. Also, if your credit is really strong, tell them you want a better rate ( like the 2.xx for 66). Finance rates are negotiable. IF your paying cash ( Im Jealous) I would definitely make them come down another 750-1k, they don't pay invoice, its invoice less hold back. All in all its not a bad deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm paying in cash. This is a post-deployment present to myself.

Edmunds True Market Value had it at a little over 34k, showing that people in my area were paying about 3k more for the same car.

It's a little different in my case regarding negotiation. I'm still deployed and am communicating via email, but I'm going to try to get the final price at 30,503 and see where it goes.

How would the fact that I'm paying in cash help my cause of getting a lower price? Don't dealerships make a good chunk of change off financing?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes I'm paying in cash. This is a post-deployment present to myself.

Edmunds True Market Value had it at a little over 34k, showing that people in my area were paying about 3k more for the same car.

It's a little different in my case regarding negotiation. I'm still deployed and am communicating via email, but I'm going to try to get the final price at 30,503 and see where it goes.

How would the fact that I'm paying in cash help my cause of getting a lower price? Don't dealerships make a good chunk of change off financing?
I would try and finance it. Since you are paying cash let them think they are getting thier money back on the financing. Tell them to take another 1k off of it and you would like to finance it. When they come back with 8.99% or
something crazy like that act like it's a great deal and take it. Then turn right around and pay off the loan. Buying a new car is a game. Use all the tricks you can.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would try and finance it. Since you are paying cash let them think they are getting thier money back on the financing. Tell them to take another 1k off of it and you would like to finance it. When they come back with 8.99% or
something crazy like that act like it's a great deal and take it. Then turn right around and pay off the loan. Buying a new car is a game. Use all the tricks you can.
Well chalk this up to not knowing the game, but I told them early on that I was paying in cash. That is a good strategy that I will remember next time.

One perk was I found out Dodge has a $500 cash allowance for military personnel. I'm putting the deposit down for this, this is a good deal that I don't want to slip by.

Thanks for the feedback and tips guys!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Any time you can get an R/T with leather and a sunroof in the low thirties, I think you are doing good. I don't know if they are pricing different, but it seems that the R/T is less this year. Most of the R/Ts that I have seen in Wisconsin are in the high thirties or even forty. But those are Classics and this one step down. $35k? Must not have the MyGig radio or 20" wheels. That would probably bring it up to the high thirties. Get what you want my friend and never look back at the price. Be happy and drive. Of course, you are required to post some photos after you get it. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I definitely will post pictures. I will be beaming with pride when I finally get the keys. I've been waiting years to get my hands on a new Challenger! I've gone from a Grand Prix, a Cavalier which had its transmission and engine blow at the same time, a Tempo, renting cars for half a year, and now this. I think I've upgraded a bit.

This is the R/T Plus, not the base R/T. It doesn't have the 20" wheels or factory in-dash, which is exactly what I was looking for. I'm going to get my own system and put it in, so not paying extra for a in-dash system/radio that I won't use is fine by me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts