Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want a Challenger :) . I stopped by the dealer by me and looked at a silver 09 SRT8 that was in the lot. The car was originally purchased at this dealership and the previous owner traded it in for a new Charger. It was well taken care of and garaged since new,has 10k on it and he had the mopar intake and SS exhaust added on. He says he can go $34,900.and still has the warranty.
What do you guys think? I know I could go with a newer less mile R/T for the same money,right?
Used 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 For Sale | Riverhead NY

·
Registered
47 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad price to me and I work at a Dodge Dealership... you probably could get a newer R/T with less miles for a little bit more money but will you kick yourself for not getting the SRT? Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You can get a very well loaded '10 RT for about $30K. Then you've got the 36 mo. bumper:bumper warranty, and the drivetrain warranty following that.

Also, not a gas guzzler.

It ultimately depends on what you want- - if you want the biggest baddest engine, that's the 392. IMHO the '09, '10 SRT's are left hanging in the middle now, not the biggest or fastest, but gets the worst MPG of all 3 Hemi's.

·
Registered
825 Posts
dont think the mpg is that much differnt between models.. what maybe a mpg or 2?!?! Does anyone buy a $45k muscle cars who GAF about mpg? few things extra with the SRT you get are the good suspension, the better seats and much much better brakes..

so.. if SRT is your thing.. thats a car to consider! if you dont care about that other stuff and could live with an R/T.. than go that route.. they are also great cars..

buy the newest, best performing car you can afford.. that is my opinion!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think I want a Challenger :) . I stopped by the dealer by me and looked at a silver 09 SRT8 that was in the lot. The car was originally purchased at this dealership and the previous owner traded it in for a new Charger. It was well taken care of and garaged since new,has 10k on it and he had the mopar intake and SS exhaust added on. He says he can go $34,900.and still has the warranty.
What do you guys think? I know I could go with a newer less mile R/T for the same money,right?
Saw a used 2010 srt reduced to $39, so $34 sounds good. You could get a new 2011 rallye for about that much, but it really depends on what you really want to buy.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
There's a silver 09 SRT with 8,900 miles sitting on the lot by my house with an advertised rock bottom price of $33,900. There are no modifications done to it. That is not a bad price. Of course, some will say you can get a new 2010 SRT-8 for 35-36K now IF you can find one to your liking.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just paid 33,900 about three months ago for a loaded 2009 B5 SRT 6speed. It had intake and exhaust and was setup the exact way I wanted. 13k miles on the car and I got to speak with the previous owner. For me it was all about the color and 6speed. I could have found one for 31k-32k but it would have not been the exact one I wanted. If it's the color you want and has all the options you want, try and haggle it down and go for it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm pretty sure if u looked around u could find a brand new 2010 SRT for 35-36k maybe even less depending on how hard u look. If it has to be silver then that might be a problem, but go to dodges website and punch in different zip codes around the country. Then put in a 200 mile radius and see what pops up. Good luck with your search and let us knoe how u make out. I think we all like to hear about someone getting a good deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback. No it doesn't have to be silver,actually my last 2 cars where silver including the 06 Impalla SS I'm driving now. I didn't think this car would look good in silver but with the black stripes I think it works. I'll take your suggestion and look around.

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
dealer near me is asking 39.5k for a 2010 SRT.. might be able to get them down around 38k! :thumbsup: I found some cheaper but they were stripped out.. no HIDs, Automatic (as the 6-spd $1200 option i think), std non-touch screen radio, std speakers (not even the Boston acoustics), etc..

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
dealer near me is asking 39.5k for a 2010 SRT.. might be able to get them down around 38k! :thumbsup: I found some cheaper but they were stripped out.. no HIDs, Automatic (as the 6-spd $1200 option i think), std non-touch screen radio, std speakers (not even the Boston acoustics), etc..
The 6 speed was actually a $695.00 option on the SRT and a $995.00 option on the R/T. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts

That is a pretty good price, however, I think you should take it for a spin on the LIE for at least a couple of exits and see how it holds up. Riding in the street in Riverhead is much different than cranking up that engine. Plus, do as much research as you can and try to talk him down a little bit more. Are you planning on buying our right or doing a payment plan?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a pretty good price, however, I think you should take it for a spin on the LIE for at least a couple of exits and see how it holds up. Riding in the street in Riverhead is much different than cranking up that engine. Plus, do as much research as you can and try to talk him down a little bit more. Are you planning on buying our right or doing a payment plan?
I would buy it out right. Yes will do the LIE,thanks.(I drive 100 miles round trip daily)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts