Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a powered cell phone dock that I removed from my last vehicle. Performing a hard wire install on my Audi was easy as the fuse panel was located on the driver's side of the dashboard facing the door, so I could pull battery (full time power, preferred) or ignition (powered when ignition is on) straight to the dock.

Does anybody have any idea of an easily accessible location on the left side of the car where I could tap into 12V for a hardwired install? Ideally, it would be somewhere possibly under the dash where I could hide the wiring and route up near the A pillar.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I'm trying to install some interior LED lights using the location on the passenger A pillar but no luck.
I too would like a 12 volt source on the driver's side.
What happened to the interior fuse boxes? Not needed any more?
Help???

·
Registered
307 Posts
I ran into this same problem when i was installing my a pillar gauges. I ended up tapping into the 12v outlet located below the AC controls. It was fairly simple. I was able to route all my wires under the center consol and under the dash to my a pillar no problem

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Yea, I installed a fused 12dcv terminal block drivers side under dash from the motor compartment. Always hot. Then installed the plug in next to the trunk button. Makes a good spot to tap any 12v items.
FT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.