1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks nice...grats on trading up to the big boy

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Smart move, great looking car. congrats.

·
Registered
978 Posts
When you guys trade up from a 6.1L, are your cars paid off or what?

I know I certainly can't afford to trade up seeing how low of a trade in the 6.1L gets... What's the secret here!??

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats! You will love it!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I took a loss but I have excepted it and moved on. Im still happier now than I was with the 6.1. If you can afford it then do it.
How MUCH of a loss??? Near as I could tell the difference between what I owe and what I would get on a trade was like $20,000!!!

Lump that loss onto a $56,000 392 and you're looking at a $76,000 loan on a car that will be worth $30,000 in 6 months!

(all prices in Canadian funds)

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
When you guys trade up from a 6.1L, are your cars paid off or what?

I know I certainly can't afford to trade up seeing how low of a trade in the 6.1L gets... What's the secret here!??
Paying cash changes everything.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulation on your trade-in. The IE Challenger looks great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great looking car Rakov, how would you describe the driving difference from your srt8? Is it better, but just by a bit? dramatically better? Did the ride get more stiff as well? I just posted a comment under my RT 2010 posting, b/c my dealership really tried to get me to buy their IE 392, but they didn't quite come down off the price enough.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
new 392

The 09 srt was paid off, saying that i only got 31,000 trade in for it, only had 2,000 miles on it ,still smelled like a new car inside.. but soon as i drove the new 392 it didnt matter This car is wicked fast stock, it drives like it lost 1,500 pounds compared to my 09. it is so nimble and responsive it does not feel nothing like the 09, and as far as the bottom end torq what a difference ,cant wait till they get the tune for the 392, thats going to be somthing. my 6.1 had the 93cai tune in it, and this 392 will blow the doors off it stock... iam very impressed with it and oh so happy!!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
congrats!! this is my first challenger since my 1970 with 383 magnum. love this car but don't have any time in the 6.1's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I swamped my 09 6.1 for the IE 392 #776 also

I too had the 09 6speed 6.1 torrid red with 36,000 miles on it. The dealer payed $35,495 for it. Cash! I payed $38,900 in 2008 for it. What a deal for me. I had VIN #6 converted to a Hurst and he has been wanting it for some time so I said just take it. I then saw the IE 392 blue with white stripes and made a hell of a down payment. Out the door for $53,000 tax and doc free included. The 6.1 and the 6.4 are like night and day. In July it goes to Houston to Hennessy for their 392 upgrade package.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Congratulations!:browsmiley: I am starting to warm up to the stripes. Looks great man.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks Rakov, thats what I DIDN'T want to hear :p Now my decision on purchasing a Challenger just got harder.....AGAIN! I had all but written off the 392 IE due to the high cost over the 'lesser' challengers (uh-hmmm clears throat), other people have written that its an upgrade, but not dramatic. I thought the handling feel was increased a good bit in my test drive on one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts