Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 09 SE today, got myself a new 2011 KIA Optima. I have a baby on the way and really wanted a 4 door with good MPGs.

I will miss my challenger, But i think this was a good move for my current situation .

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck to you. I personally would walk before I drove a KIA.
LOL, I hear ya! Giving it a try. The Optima is the same as the Hyundai Sonata. Hyundai owns kia, quality is way up over the last few years. Its a great looking sedan

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I sold my 09 SE today, got myself a new 2011 KIA Optima. I have a baby on the way and really wanted a 4 door with good MPGs.

I will miss my challenger, But i think this was a good move for my current situation .
The Optima is a nice car. Don't let the negativity get you down :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me wrong. I respect you for being responsable I just don't drive non american owned co. cars.
KIA will soon be building more cars in the US than the "US" car companies who shipped the factories to Canada and mexico.

I'd rather US factory workers working than VP's in US corp offices

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
KIA will soon be building more cars in the US than the "US" car companies who shipped the factories to Canada and mexico.

I'd rather US factory workers working than VP's in US corp offices
That's a good point.
If I'm not mistaken, Toyota and Honda also both build cars right here in USA.

Is it odd, that foreign companies build cars locally to sell locally, yet "local" companies build their products outside and then import them for local sales?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
you're doing the right thing for your family
My son drives a 10+ yo sportage that's still running great.
Good quality and excellent warranties

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
When the kids are grown and you've finally paid their way through medical school you can look at the wife and say, "Gee Hon. Remember that sacrifice I made selling my Challenger for the KIA. Well guess what? Dodge just announced they're reintroducing the Challenger for 2031. This one will have a 10,000 amp electric hemi-motor, Whatcha say we order one???

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought my Challenger to own it for 15-20 years. Now I know most people will say these cars will never last that long, but I drive 1.5 miles to work each way. So I know I can take care of it and make it last. With that said, I did think about the future and children when picking a car. I know thats weird for being 20, but I still choose the Challenger. The only way it will go away when I have kids is into the Garage when I get a truck. Plenty of people have used Challengers as the family car, not as easy but doable to keep an awesome car.

Good luck, KIAs quality has gone way up lately

1 - 20 of 120 Posts