Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
First i wanna thank you all for this amazing fourm.
My subject about the challenger srt tires.
I had to change my stock tires ( 245/45/zr 20) on my 2012 challenger srt8, i wanted a wider tires so i went to 255/45/r20. The problem is that i could not find the goodyear eagle f1 sport tires so i installed the goodyear eagle radial tires. It looks a bit different, and i just drove the car for 30 miles so i can not judge the car performance with new tires. Anyone would help me with that?. Did i make a mistake? What about car handling and stability?
Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
I put Yokohoma 275/40/20's on the rear, looks good.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
By Goodyear Eagle Radial do you mean the Eagle RS-A? If so, that's an all-season tire which won't have as much warm-weather grip as the Goodyear Eagle F1. Your car is safe to drive, but you won't be getting the most of your suspension/braking/acceleration capabilities in an emergency maneuver or if you simply want to drive it hard or take it to a track.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
If they are RS-As, you'll be fine. Some SRTs come from the factory with them. I don't know if they are three or four season tires. F1s being 3 season are terrible under 40 degrees so where you live matters a lot too.

1,931 Posts
The 255/45s are a factory option for the rear....SRT engineers stated on one their round table talks the SRT will handle better with 245/45 on the front...you can rotate side to side..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts