Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, do you prospective owners think that the new Dodge 'Challenger' will come equipped with a set of Goodyear 'Eagle F1 Supercar' tires, and if so, what do think the tire/wheel size options might be; i.e., 20" front/rear staggered set-up? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who knows what tires it will get. The Goodyear ones may not be so rare in a few years. I am sure there will be some other new whiz bang tire by the time this car hits dealers.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would hope they go with a top rated tire for these cars. Like I have said before, keep the retro all the way. Muscle cars always had top tires on them..i.e., better the package the better the tire...generals, Big O..loved those. Make the car a 'complete' package.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd sure like to see a wide tire/wheel combo on the rear of the 'Challenger' like in Doug Schramm's concept photos...similar to the 19" Goodyear 'Eagle F1 Supercar' tire set-up currently running on rear of the new 'Ford GT'. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have them on my 300C. Mounted on 20 x 9 Zinik Z-12 black spokes.
Best tire I ever owned. Car handles like a slot car and not really that bad in rain.

Vette uses the offest tires in the front and back, same F-1's- THey run great on there as well. New CHallenger has to have larger fatter tires in rear.

(Of course they are off for the winter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hopefully not...they should be using the (SRT model) 22-inch (305/35X22) for the rear setup to ensure more rubber meets the pavement and stability in high-speed cornering.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hemidakota said:
Hopefully not...they should be using the (SRT model) 22-inch (305/35X22) for the rear setup to ensure more rubber meets the pavement and stability in high-speed cornering.
Which 'SRT' (non-truck) model might you be referring to which is currently running OEM 22" tires/wheels? :confused:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe that the size I remember seeing on the rear of the new Ford 'GT' is a P315/40ZR19...a nice wide tire, so I guess a P305/35ZR22 running on the rear of the new generation Dodge 'Challenger' would certainly 'fit the bill!' :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would most likely get new tires and rims for my challenger. i am not really in love with the rims they have on the concept and i would want to have the back wheels larger than the front ones for the full muscle car effect.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that's certainly an 'aftermarket' possibility, as the current concept is rumored to have 21's on the rear and 20's up front. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts