Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Scat Pack with the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires I was just wondering about how many miles people are getting out of those tires.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I had them on me R/T for like a year and a half..they are pretty sticky, alot of grip. But I took them off..other people have stated the tread-wear rate on them is not all that great. I took them off because they were so damn sticky...they were throwing up stones and pebbles all over my wheel wells and the lower sides of my car. I would pull into a parking lot and could hear all the crud being thrown all over the underside of the car. After I took them off all that went away!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
18500 on mine and will need replacing withing 2k more...I was surprised I got as much as I did....

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
It depends on the kind of driving you do.

It its most in town, stop/go turns probably 11 - 16k is average

the longest was someone that DD and commuted - 24k, which is practically a record for F1s

Reactions: jaillocks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
13K on my 13 R/T and I'm no racer. Just normal "Challenger" driving. I was actually completely unaware that these were grippy high-performance tires and when they wore out that soon, I complained to Goodyear, and they gave me 50% off of a new set of Eagle Sports. (50K guarantee tire). Those have performed well, although the first set was down to 5/32 by 40K. Got warranty adjustment and 20% off the current set of Eagle Sports. My Goodyear store has been pretty good to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have almost 9,000 on them now and they look like they are about half wear out thank you for the input. And I'm not real hard on them so hopefully I'll get maybe around 18 thousand miles

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I had them replaced at like 13k miles (one year). They probably had enough tread left for about another 2k miles but I was traveling to Florida from NC and the round trip is around 1,500 miles plus so I didn't want to take the chance. I've since upgraded to 275/40/20s. Much better contact grip and looks much better then the thin 245s.

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
10,000 in 5 years, time for new ones

·
Registered
185 Posts
Replaced mine st 9,000 Miles (!!!)

Honestly. Wish I had of done it earlier. The Conti‘s I have now are really quite a bit better all around.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So I literally looked at my tires on my 2011 SRT-8 and I am just now seeing the belts in the middle, with some tread left on the sides. Original tires from factory. I managed to get a bit over 23K on them. Looking for another tire, was thinking about the Michelin Super Sports, that everyone keeps saying they put on their Challengers, but according to the website they don't have a 245/45ZR20(front) 255/45ZR20(rear). So I might just get another set of these.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I literally looked at my tires on my 2011 SRT-8 and I am just now seeing the belts in the middle, with some tread left on the sides. Original tires from factory. I managed to get a bit over 23K on them. Looking for another tire, was thinking about the Michelin Super Sports, that everyone keeps saying they put on their Challengers, but according to the website they don't have a 245/45ZR20(front) 255/45ZR20(rear). So I might just get another set of these.
I have a 2017 Scat Pack with 9,000 miles looks like I may possibly get 20 thousand out of these tires definitely going with something else. Treadwear is only 220 on these I'm looking for something that'll get more mileage than this. You done good to get 23000 on yours sounds like you're running on my pops with the threads showing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a 2017 Scat Pack with 9,000 miles looks like I may possibly get 20 thousand out of these tires definitely going with something else. Treadwear is only 220 on these I'm looking for something that'll get more mileage than this. You done good to get 23000 on yours sounds like you're running on my pops with the threads showing.

It's only the rear driver where it's bad. The other three have some tread left, which sorta irks me, since I've rotated the tires every winter. Probably could get another 1500 on the other 3. Also sounds like I need to get the alignment checked in the back

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T I bought new with 6speed tremec and 390 rear axle. Car has 28,845 miles and I'm on my third set of the factory recommended Goodyear Eagle F1 245/45ZR20 99y tires. Car is only driven and I cannot get 10 K from them.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I put Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season on my R/T. I really like them and in 2yrs. I've put 40K miles on them and they're still almost like new. Rotate every 5K miles and keep an eye on pressure. I drive a lot of twisty two lanes and they're holding up very well.

Reactions: Prancing-horse
1 - 20 of 20 Posts