Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for new tires in 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 to go on my new 20x9 and 20x10.5 rims.

My car is not a racer. It is a show car and a cruiser. Mostly good weather, but I do like to take it out in the fall on colder days before it snows and the salt starts... once there is salt it doesn't come out until spring after a good rain.

My OEM tires were Eagle F1. They are not good when it gets a little cold. Also, on my current tires I got the Tredwear white letters that fit perfectly in the letter outline on the Goodyear tires. It looks real good. I can do the same with the RS-A tires.

So, I need new tires and was wondering what people in general think about them? I know they will not be as sticky and as good as a summer only tire, but they can't be crap... or can they??? Thanks.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'm looking for new tires in 245/45/20 and 295/40/20 to go on my new 20x9 and 20x10.5 rims.

My car is not a racer. It is a show car and a cruiser. Mostly good weather, but I do like to take it out in the fall on colder days before it snows and the salt starts... once there is salt it doesn't come out until spring after a good rain.

My OEM tires were Eagle F1. They are not good when it gets a little cold. Also, on my current tires I got the Tredwear white letters that fit perfectly in the letter outline on the Goodyear tires. It looks real good. I can do the same with the RS-A tires.

So, I need new tires and was wondering what people in general think about them? I know they will not be as sticky and as good as a summer only tire, but they can't be crap... or can they??? Thanks.
They came with my Scat Pack.

I changed them out at 700~ miles because they could've gotten me into an accident during a light rain.

They suck big donkey rooster.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came with my Scat Pack.

I changed them out at 700~ miles because they could've gotten me into an accident during a light rain.

They suck big donkey rooster.
No kidding. They are all-season and supposed to be good in the rain. Wow... What did you get?

More comments from others please. Thanks!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
No kidding. They are all-season and supposed to be good in the rain. Wow... What did you get?

More comments from others please. Thanks!
275/40/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW UHP

These have been phased out, but they came out with ExtremeContact Sports. Also, heard good things about Atturo AZ850s if you're on a budget.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
275/40/20 Continental ExtremeContact DW UHP

These have been phased out, but they came out with ExtremeContact Sports. Also, heard good things about Atturo AZ850s if you're on a budget.
It looks like they are still available, and they are all-season. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are the "DWS", not "DW" (probably the reason they changed "DW" to "Sport"). DW are Summer Tires, DWS are all-seasons.
Yes, I got their alphabet figured out... LOL

The DWS06 replaces the DWS according to a person at Element Wheels I was chatting with, and the DWS06 is an all-season tire which is what I really am after. How wonder how the handling compares with yours...

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need all season or summer tires? Firestone 500indy are very nice tires

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I would rather have all-season because I like to drive it when the temps are cool in the late fall before the first snow, and it can get down around 30 where my summer tires turn hard and grip like they are on ice.

·
Registered
219 Posts
500 Indy have good review for wet too. And they look good too. I think you might want to consider them.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just checked... Firestone does not make a 295/40/20 in anything. They make a 295/35/20, but that is too short a tire for what I want. Thanks for checking in and posting!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,045 Posts
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 is very highly rated and 560 treadwear rating. A Guy

·
Registered
491 Posts

The Good year RS a I think came stock on my 2011. Smoothest running tire I ever owned. I guess they are considered 3 season. I never drive in the rain so I cant comment of that part.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
The Good year RS a I think came stock on my 2011. Smoothest running tire I ever owned. I guess they are considered 3 season. I never drive in the rain so I cant comment of that part.
RS-As are all seasons.

They were noisy and had poor grip on wet for me.

So much so, that my Continental summer tires are more stable in rain than the RS-As were.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I have RSA all season on my Daytona.In my opinion are quiet and smooth.Haven't experienced any problem in the rain.Have run them about 4 years now and still good tread.Will buy again and will put some on the front of the Challenger soon.Run DR'S on the back.
Was a good deal with cheap mounting ,balance at Sam's Club.They had to order them.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 is very highly rated and 560 treadwear rating. A Guy
Thats what I put on my SRT Jeep. The only complaint i have is they flat spot in less than 24 hours sitting and take about 3-6 miles to smooth out dead cold. and i guess they handle about like a 560 TW tire.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats what I put on my SRT Jeep. The only complaint i have is they flat spot in less than 24 hours sitting and take about 3-6 miles to smooth out dead cold. and i guess they handle about like a 560 TW tire.
Interesting... my car will sit from about December 1st through early March. Hmm... based on your past my tires will look like blocks by March. Anyone else with this flat spot issue? When I stored my Viper years ago (Michelin PS2), I would put them on about 3 layers of carpet to help prevent flat spots and that seemed to work...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts