Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group , When I picked up my new 2010 SRT 8 at a Bossier City Louisiana Dodge dealer last Dec the salesman told me that the car did not contain a spare but had a built in air compressor due to it having "run flat tires" . After about a month I had a flat and drove about one mile at around 20mph until I could park at a safe place to air up the tire. Didnt want just anyone handling the $1060.00 ea. Alcoa rims and called the dealer asking who they usually use. It was around noon and the service manager answered the phone. After telling him what happened and said that I was glad to have those run flat tires , he said that those are not run flat tires and why did I think that they were ? I then told him that the salesman said they were run flats. Took the car to who they use for mounting and ballancing and they said that my tires were not run flat tires . They also said being that I had driven on the flat tire , it was ruined. Told them to mount me a new tire and after $468.00 I was back on the road. About an hour or so later I got to thinking that maybe the tire was good enough to be used as a spare being that I had only driven on it for such a small distance at very slow speed. Returned to the tire store two hours after leaving there and they said that the tire may be gone now. I started walking towards the back and noticed it with the techs crayon markings against the back wall. Didnt ask for the disposal fee back , just left. After driving away I was putting together a letter "in my mind" that I was going to send to the dealerships G.M. asking if they would remberse me for the tire. A short time later I received a call from the service manager saying to send him a copy of the tire invoice and he would send me a check . Two days after dropping off a copy of the invoice , I got a check in the mail for $468.00 . I dont usualy like to squeal , tattle or point fingers unless money , jail or worse "the wife's purse upside my head" is involved but knowing that the salesman who sold me the car who was wrong telling me that the F-1's were run flats was a very close relative of the G.M. so I knew that he would not get fired for telling me this. I am not connected in any way to this dealership where I could profit from this writing. Im just a simple customer and for what I paid for the car Im sure that the tire check was not much of a hit. Also the tire pressure monitoring system worked great. One must be a bit patient after airing back up to specs , It takes a few minutes for the reading to get back to normal with the gauges tire psi system . Give it a few minutes and it will read correct pressure and blink out. Just another FYI writing. Cheers , Rattler

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
you thought the salesman/dealer knew something about your car

that was a big mistake

dealers should know every detail about every car they sell...but very few do...your lucky you got your $ back....very lucky

next time dont listen to anything the dealer tells you...come here and learn

·
Registered
940 Posts
Some dealers may be that way and not want to help But my dealer is the best and all ways has been.
By the way I did not even buy my car at this dealership. They replaced both front tires for excessive wear and aligned the car, replaced the center section and several other things with no problems. Just my 2 cents worth!!!!!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
i had to have one replaced last week from a puncture,i was somewhat shocked at how much they cost,seems like it was around 400 mounted.glad i got the insurance!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
my dealer gave me tire insurance for free..... good for ANY tire i have on my car for the next three years

·
Registered
2015 SRT
6 Posts
My salesman told me the same thing when he was pointing out the air pump in the trunk. I knew they were not run flats and just blew it off. But when he told me the fuse box under the hood was a second battery (pointing to the remote positive) I could not resist and asked him to show it to me. Boy was he embarrassed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts