Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 SRT with less that 9000 miles on it(daily driver) and I have 4/32 of tread on my Goodyear F1's in the rear and 7/32 left on the front tires. By all looks of it, they aren't going to make it to 10,000 miles. They are guaranteed to 45,000 miles according to Goodyear.

I have never done a burnout, and do not drive aggressively.

So my questions are:

1) is this normal?

2) does Goodyear warranty these tires that will likely fall 35,000 miles short of their expected life?

3) is this covered under the 30k miles warranty?

4) is it just time for to buy new tires and forget about the mess of dealing with the warranty thing?

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
The only way you'll get 45,000 miles on F1's is to put them on a 3,000 pound car. Then accelerate very gradually and brake carefully. In addition, keep the speed under 65 and corner slowly.

Otherwise, your mileage seems to be similar to others on here with those tires.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking as well but it just doesn't seem like much life for a street tire. I would understand if it was a drag radial but even though they are "performance" tires, they are still street radials.

I know the warranty thing was a very very long shot but I just didn't know if that was considered "unusual" wear or not.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
The one's I had looked like they would make 12k at best and I don't do burnouts either. Everyone complains about the F1's. I dumped them and got Nitto Motivos. Much better ride quality and longer lasting.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,074 Posts
My F1's lasted about 21,000 miles, mostly all highway miles. I replaced them with wider Nitto Motivos as well. Put about 21,000 miles on them and they look like they'll go another 20,000. I thought I'd read they were 80,000 miles.....maybe on a Toyota lol.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
X2 on the motivos. Great street tires and sticky as well. I believe they come with 60k warranty. The most I've seen the f1s go is about 26k. It's Goodyear. You can't expect much. I did one track day with them and they performed ok. I got rid of them at about 3k miles.
I had a jeep that came with goodyears and at 20k miles they were done. 40k warranty. Called the dealer and they instructed me to take it to a Goodyear authorized tire shop. They inspected the tires and Goodyear gave me 1/2 off new tires. But they had to be goodyears. Catch is they must wear evenly. Otherwise they'll blame it on you for not having them maintained. Saved about $400 on a $890 total cost. I wouldn't even bother with it. Just drive the crap out of them till they're done.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine lasted 16,500. Just replaced them this week. I've never done a smokey burnout.

I believe most of my problem was driving them when the temperature was below 40 deg F. The left rear tire took the brunt of the beating. I make a lot of left turns on the way to work. Even with moderate acceleration, I can hear that tire scrubbing as the weight shifts to the other side of the car in the turn.

I put on Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons. We'll see how they last. Really don't want to spend 8 or 9 hundred dollars on tires every year or so. Maybe that is just the price of enjoying the hemi.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Where did you read that the F1's are rated for 45,000 miles? Like most others, I only got to about 10k miles on the rear of my car. Fronts still have a little life left at 12k miles now...

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Like some on here... I only got 11,000 miles on my F1 rears, maybe a chirp here and there, but no crazy burn outs or drifting like a Japanese movie.

Had conversations with other owners at meets and car gatherings, and the majority had the very same issues with these tires. We came to a consensus, that factory delivered tires are somehow softer, stickier and more prone to wear than the ones you buy at the Goodyear Tire and Auto store 18 months after you take delivery. And at $300 a pop.

It's a conspiracy to separate you from your hard earned $; and there is nothing that can be done to rectify the situation.

How Fast do you want to go... $$$

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I beat the crap outta my F1s (burnouts, power slides, hard handling) and they lasted about 21k miles. I have some Cooper RS3 tires on there now which are vastly superior but won't last very long unfortunately. Going to try the General Gmax G03 tire next time since it has much better treadlife than the others.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I got 15,000 out of mine. Front and rear. At the time, F1's were $321 each. I bought Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's for $158 at discount tire direct, with free shipping. I am very happy with them. They are quieter than the F1's and "feel" the same to me.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I think you need to shop somewhere else:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...SUPERCAR&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

When I bought my car it had near new tires as the originals had been replaced at only 18,000 miles. Thought that was a bit odd, but then figured for $145ea what can you expect??
I'd would indeed expect more at $300/per.

Even Walmart lists them for $193.............with no treadwear warranty.
Thanks for the link. When I used it to check my tire size it came up with $286.00.

Now, if they would only eat the tax and $20.67 / per tire shipping. :cheers:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Believe it or not. 31K on mine. :rocker:Few burn outs and highway miles. Replacing next week with same tire. Out the door at 766.00. Hope I have the same luck!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.