Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got bored and mounted my GoPro under my Challenger. It's interesting watching the suspension work, and the Pirellis spin...

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,222 Posts
Yep an interesting and different perspective video, nice work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
DON'T try this with a drone ! No explanations necessary.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where else should I stick the camera? I might try in the fender well somewhere, or in the center of the rim lol...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how about under the hood with the engine? :surprise:
I did think about that. Would be interesting to see the flex in the body without a front strut bar. But I already installed mine so I am too lazy to take it off and film...

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
stick it

I did think about that. Would be interesting to see the flex in the body without a front strut bar. But I already installed mine so I am too lazy to take it off and film...
how about have the camera in a far corner under the hood? facing the engine and belts.
notice the movement and sound as you accelerate and decelerate. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how about have the camera in a far corner under the hood? facing the engine and belts.
notice the movement and sound as you accelerate and decelerate. :icon_cheers:
I have to try that. Cameras have sure come a long way...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Great work, I enjoyed that :)

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
You might be surprised how much the engine moves. I have a SP Shaker just waves in the road or bumps you seen the engine bob and rock. With 400+ pounds of cast iron and aluminum on fluid filled engine mounts, there's some mass that's affected by G forces of movement.

When you get on it, you can see the engine twist to the passenger side side and then settle back.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,556 Posts
You might be surprised how much the engine moves. I have a SP Shaker just waves in the road or bumps you seen the engine bob and rock. With 400+ pounds of cast iron and aluminum on fluid filled engine mounts, there's some mass that's affected by G forces of movement.

When you get on it, you can see the engine twist to the passenger side side and then settle back.
It would be nice to see how much contribution (if any) of the engine twist is attributed to the front cradle bushings?

·
Super Moderator
15,363 Posts
It would be nice to see how much contribution (if any) of the engine twist is attributed to the front cradle bushings?
Most of of its going to be engine mounts. I've know people that put poly or solid mounts - its awful for a street car...every vibration or resonance you feel and hear it.
-there's a lot of NVH filtered out by the engine mounts.

Imagine being inside a drum and then having resonance at idle or cruise - its almost as if its inside your own head.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,556 Posts
Most of of its going to be engine mounts. I've know people that put poly or solid mounts - its awful for a street car...every vibration or resonance you feel and hear it.
-there's a lot of NVH filtered out by the engine mounts.

Imagine being inside a drum and then having resonance at idle or cruise - its almost as if its inside your own head.
I was half tempted on getting solid mounts thinking the cradle bushings would help give some protection...but I am at that age where hearing resonances, ticks, and buzzes in a car is no longer acceptable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts