Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $500 to spend on a upgrade, caught between 2 choices ( BBK throttle body -or- Barton throw shifter). I already have Spectre Cold air intake, Flowmaster 40's with res delete, Moroso oil catch can, 3M 5% tint all around, LED headlights/fog lights and all interior LED lights, 2K worth of JBL premium speakers all around, Kicker Amp and Subs, and other sound accessories.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I agree with the above. Barton all the way,

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would definitely spend on the shifter. When it comes to throttle bodys you will be $$ ahead and have a much better throttle body if you send yours to Dan Arcand ( the fastman) the bbk t body is problematic at best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice, I was leaning towards the shifter. Just needed confirmation for the purchase. Plus I have not seen vary many reviews on the BBK TB. Now I'm looking at which color of lever to get and looking at custom shift knobs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't know which engine you have, but, with a basically stock 5.7 a TB won't help.
With a 392/6.4, it may. That being said, a larger TB can't make more power if the intake inlet is not ported for the TB size.
A "ported" TB with the stock 80mm throttle plate won't make more power because you can't flow more air through the same size hole.
As for BBK, I have an 85mm on my 392 and while I make no claims for power it improved throttle response and drivability. I have had no issues with it.
I did port my intake inlet for the larger TB.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Easy, get the shifter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts