Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Blacktop Challenger with a manual trans last Friday evening. Love the car and already have burned through a tank of fuel. I don't like the owner's manual being only given on DVD, I called and they are sending me out the printed copies. I then tried to use the DVD and it is completely blank. I have worked in IT for over a decade so trust me, it's not user error on viewing the disc. On a mac, the disc shows as being windows formatted but on a windows computer it shows up with nothing on it. When I called back to customer care, their answer was that they don't have discs to send out but I could view the manual online from the dodge.com website. My thought was that I just paid a boatload of money for a car and I want it all to work. I guess I'll have to get the dealer to order me a new DVD. FYI, the disc I have is the First Edition DVD revision #14D491-426-AA. I don't know if it's just my disc or maybe an entire batch of bad discs.

The other thing that I find ironic is that more and more computers are being shipped with no optical drives and yet Chrysler is sending their manuals out on optical discs. Hmmm, they can't win can they?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh an afterthought, is it possible to add the garage door remote system to the car or is it just better to buy another remote for the opener? Also, I have the base 6 speaker stereo with the Uconnect and no sub woofer, can an amp and a sub woofer be easily added? I know that I could use high to low adapters for the amp line in but wanted a more graceful option.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can add a garage door controller, search the threads for "homelink". You'll need to find an older Charger or Magnum console unit to do the swap.

Oh an afterthought, is it possible to add the garage door remote system to the car or is it just better to buy another remote for the opener? Also, I have the base 6 speaker stereo with the Uconnect and no sub woofer, can an amp and a sub woofer be easily added? I know that I could use high to low adapters for the amp line in but wanted a more graceful option.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
For amp and sub and I added the infinity self powered 10" sub. I tapped into the rear
deck speakers. I also swapped the dash speakers for the 3.5" infinity's too. Made quite
a difference in clarity and bottom end between the 2 and spent less than $300.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked around my garage and found that I had a single 10 inch sub and an amp that came from my wife's old car, no room for them in the current car. I also have a line converter so I can add this and not spend a dime. I just need to figure out how to get to the rear speakers and what color wires are positive and negative. Not as clean and compact as the all in one unit mentioned above but already paid for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts