Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two calls from Frank from Dodge in Detroit. The call was address to Mr and/or Mrs. (my last name). The call was basically in regards to my Challenger to make sure everything is okay with my car and if need help with any repairs if the dealership is unable to. Seems like a friendly guy both voice messages left are basically asking the same thing.

I'm not sure if that's normal to receive a call personally from Detroit. I have an extended warranty from the factory. My normal warranty is almost expiring, it would be great to fix the rattle on my right side speaker. The dealership I took it to I think didn't bother to even look and just copped out by saying we couldn't replicate the rattle. It rattles even without music playing so I think there is something loose on the right speaker. That is one thing really annoying about the car currently. I can't enjoy the harmon kardon speakers with the rattle.

Do you guys think the call is legit? Not sure if this goes back to my issues way back with Dealerships, I had to contact Dodge Cares, but it didn't really resolve anything. So they might have my contact info from that experience or maybe from my extended warranty.

The area code is 586 it says Warren, MI on my caller id. Should I list the whole number here for you guys? I don't want to get scammed. Not sure if it's really Dodge or like a 3rd party extended warranty salesman or like their phishing for my personal info something

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
First I have heard of Dodge calling a customer direct. Usually, they go through the dealer representative which goes to the dealer. Did the caller leave a name and a position that they are, manager, supervisor, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I have heard of Dodge calling a customer direct. Usually, they go through the dealer representative which goes to the dealer. Did the caller leave a name and a position that they are, manager, supervisor, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No just Frank from Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Search the number, if it's FCA, it will be listed and show some info

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
220 Posts
I actually received a call from Farmington Hills, MI today (suburb of Detroit) from Dodge/SRT, but they were calling me back so that I could set up my NHRA membership. So it was a call for something I initiated.

Like A Guy said, I'd search the number and if it is Dodge there'll be something showing the number related to FCA

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
I got a call from Dodge when I was having problems getting the car I ordered. I was surprised to get it as I had previously always had to initiate contact with them, but I was glad that someone at least was looking at my case and trying to help me out. That said if you haven't been currently having any dealership problems or have recently contacted them about a problem it does seem unlikely that they would just be calling you to see how things are going with your car. I know I get calls about extending my warranty on cars I haven't even owned for years, that seems the more likely scenario.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
197 Posts
When I first purchased my challenger I received a customer survey about the vehicle via email, I completed the survey and listed a few items that I was not happy with including an issue I had with the dealer I purchase the vehicle from. A few weeks later I received a call from a lady identifying herself as a customer satisfaction person from dodge and she was asking for more information about the survey I had completed, she wanted to know about the issues I had with the vehicle itself more than the dealership and was very happy to put me in touch with someone who would assist me in taking care of the issues and working with my local dealer to get the work completed. Bottom line for me it was a follow up to the survey I had completed to close the loop on dodges internal customer feedback ratings.
If you have completed a survey recently or sent any emails regarding issues they may just be wanting to close the loop with you.

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
312 Posts
I bought a new Jeep in February. The 'extended warranty' robocall people won't stop calling and "John Fox (FCA)" won't stop emailing me. Okay, any business model that utilizes outright harassment to generate sales is not someone I should do business with.

My gut check to the OP is this is a scam. Don't trust the caller ID either - the scammers can manipulate the system to show what they want.

I wouldn't even trust the information on the Internet for validation. For example, punch in "dodgewarrantydirect.com". It takes you over to "chryslerwarrantydirect.com". Looks pretty legit. Says things like 'Factory backed' and has the Mopar logo. Scroll down to the bottom. They are using an @gmail.com address. Tell me, what does a big company like FCA need to use an anonymous gmail address for?

My opinion.... Unless you are initiating contact via a source you trust - ignore it as a scam.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I bought a new Jeep in February. The 'extended warranty' robocall people won't stop calling and "John Fox (FCA)" won't stop emailing me. Okay, any business model that utilizes outright harassment to generate sales is not someone I should do business with.

My gut check to the OP is this is a scam. Don't trust the caller ID either - the scammers can manipulate the system to show what they want.

I wouldn't even trust the information on the Internet for validation. For example, punch in "dodgewarrantydirect.com". It takes you over to "chryslerwarrantydirect.com". Looks pretty legit. Says things like 'Factory backed' and has the Mopar logo. Scroll down to the bottom. They are using an @gmail.com address. Tell me, what does a big company like FCA need to use an anonymous gmail address for?

My opinion.... Unless you are initiating contact via a source you trust - ignore it as a scam.
It's not a scam. Have used chryslerwarrantydirect.com for my Jeep wrangler. Policy showed up my jeep owners web page in a day or two.

Also chryslerwarrantydirect.com, is not part of FCA in any way shape or form. It even says so right on the main page.

"
We're the only official authorized Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat dealer and are authorized by FCA US LLC (Chrysler Group) to sell genuine Mopar® warranty protection plans.
"

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
If they leave a number, not a faked caller ID, and that number comes up on the internet as a FCA number, that wouldn't be fake. You are initiating a call, not replying to a call

A Guy

PS, do ask what they are wearing...

Reactions: Yellow Jacket 2012

·
Registered
337 Posts
yeah what stitches said, they probably wanted to change the airbag also. dipsticks !
hang up. I always tell my parents to not answer the front door of their house. Or answer the phone unless they recognize the number.
"Hello this is Microsoft in India, we need to do give you a Lottery number :_:alien: "
They got a call from Biden the other day LOL We know that was not real, sleepy-time !!!

best regards
parrott

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay i'm beginning to lean more on the side that it's probably a scam. Unless Frank cares so much about me. He called and left the same message 3 days in a row now. I'm not sure how he knows my last name but it's weird that he includes a Mrs., I don't have a Mrs. unless he means Mr. or Mrs., all bets are off in 2020

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Maybe not a scam, but some sales pitch. If it's legit, they likely have your email if you gave one to the dealer

Either way, not responding won't cause you any problems ;)

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts