Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I bought my 2012 R/T, I hated the factory exhaust. Luckily I had a manual so I purchased a reso delete kit from blasting bob's and removed the resonators which really improved the sound of the car, making it almost too loud (I said almost), I was content with it even if the wife hated it. I had no desire to spend $600-$2,000 on a cat-back exhaust system when the factory setup (minus reso's) was working for me. Well I got really lucky (I think so) when a friend from work who owned a challenger that had a mopar exhaust system installed when he purchased it. The only problem is he couldn't stand the drone (his was an auto) so he removed it and stored it in his garage where it has sat this whole time collecting dust. Well after he continued to have problems with his challenger he decided to sell it and had no use for the exhaust. He asked me if I wanted it, I did but told him I didn't have the funds to purchase it (which is very true). Well he told me that if I would take it so he could have room in his garage then it was mine as long as I installed it on my car. I told him I'd love to have it and that I would certainly put it on. I gave it a few weeks just to make sure someone else didn't come along with money to buy it, I checked with him tonight and he said it's your, so come and get it. I just picked it up (thanking him a million times making sure he was cool with it). I'm so excited to get it installed.
My question is this...
I was wondering if anyone would know who the manufacture is of the mopar exhaust systems. It's a full system which includes x-pipe, two suitcase mufflers and dual mopar weld-on tips (not the bolt on dual tips), it does NOT have resonators on it.

Thanks

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corsa makes the Mopar cat backs....the missing resonators are the source of his drone...I have the Corsa extreme on my car with zero drone...
Thanks yeah I figured that was the issue, I just wasn't sure who the manufacture was since Mopar used two different companies at different times. So I guess I got the Corsa exhaust with mopar tips for free and it's practically brand new!!!!

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after looking at pictures on the internet, I think it's the borla system which I'm still excited about.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,020 Posts
I had a Mopar system on my 2010 R/T and it was made by Borla. I noticed a little drone, but nothing too bad and either it eventually went away or I just got used to it to the point I no longer noticed.

At least originally Borla made the 5.7 Mopar exhaust and Corsa made the exhaust for the 6.1 cars, not sure about the newer systems.

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah after seeing all the pictures on the net, it's certainly the Borla system as it has two suit case mufflers/ no resonators and dual individual triangle exhaust tips. It looks brand new, he couldn't of had it on for more then a 1,000 miles if that.

Question though, will I have any issues installing it since mine is a 6 speed manual and his was a auto? Is it the same system?

1,931 Posts
Yeah after seeing all the pictures on the net, it's certainly the Borla system as it has two suit case mufflers/ no resonators and dual individual triangle exhaust tips. It looks brand new, he couldn't of had it on for more then a 1,000 miles if that.

Question though, will I have any issues installing it since mine is a 6 speed manual and his was a auto? Is it the same system?
Go to Borla's web site and see if the same part # applies to both...also is your car the same Generation as your friends?

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to Borla's web site and see if the same part # applies to both...also is your car the same Generation as your friends?
Checked out the site and it looks to be good for any challenger R/T 09-13 auto/manual, thanks!

·
Banned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the exhaust system installed the other day, it's a lot quitter compared to the factory manual exhaust (minus resonators), but it's still got a nice throatiness to it and now I can start the car at 5am and not feel like I'm waking everyone in the neighborhood up, lol...

I'm really happy with it, such a lucky find for me.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I had the exhaust system installed the other day, it's a lot quitter compared to the factory manual exhaust (minus resonators), but it's still got a nice throatiness to it and now I can start the car at 5am and not feel like I'm waking everyone in the neighborhood up, lol...

I'm really happy with it, such a lucky find for me.
I had the same exhaust but it was far too tame for my liking. Also it did drone. But if you want something similar stock but with a little more throat it does the job. Also you can't beat a FREE catback! :icon_cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts